United follows Airtran's lead .... adds XM Radio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Double 00 for a test" LOL....

Ty, I'm still wondering why some of our pilots with senior emp #'s don't know where 00 is? I'll say "Yes, it's between 1a and C4 where we park out of service aircraft"...And one the other day said "HUH?"

I suggest bringing your own headphones for the XM......more enjoyable

32LT10 said:
Dizel,

Explain the reason why JBLU is late when weather is OK? Why does JBLU not interline tickets? Does this not put JBLU at a disadvantage when weather, mechanicals and delays cause disruptions?

Of course you will say it does not, but so did the people at FLYI.

Because we rarely cancel flights. You can look at the statistics for on-time performance all day, but in the end, our 99.8% completion factor gets our passengers to their destinations and ranks as nearly the best in the industry. Tech stops for fuel are rare, and when done, our passengers understand because we treat them like humans not cattle (they also get vouchers for future travel). In the six years I've been here, I've not had one cancelled flight due to a mechanical. FLYI does not compare with jetblue, so don't even try it. And one final question, were you abused as a child???

How is blew different from flyi? The regional jets were the breaking point over there and you guys seem to be imploding on the RJ's at blew. You keep thinking you are doing alright by getting to your desination late and you will be missing the ever elusive business flyer. On the west coast flights the Premium Service by UAL is doing extremely well. It offers bizjet like amenities at reasonable cost. It has many flight options/connections and benefits. The blowjets get you there late after a fuel stop. Don't think of trying to do business the same day on blew you will most likely miss your meeting.

This is starting to look very similar to flyi.

32LT10 said:
But since you brought up cancelations why is that Jetblow is also late on good weather days? I suppose the fuel stops were also genuis moves on jetblows behalf? Of course it prevents the excitement of landing with only 1000lbs so you really have a difficult decision on the fuel stop issue now don't you. If I read the DOT stats correctly you guys were still LAST in on-time performance. How many flights do you have compared to the real airlines? Of that piddly little operation you have you still finish last? Those blowers are good at what they do.

In our defense, most of the delays are caused by our pilot's inability to use the radio. See, they are very complex, and since most of us came straight from Flight Saftey, we didn't get a chance to use them in training. In the training device (or simulator as it called by people in the industry) we never used the radio. We just spoke out loud so that the trainer (instructor) could hear us. So when we get to JFK for flying, we are unfamiliar with the use of the radio. I know there have been dozens of times where me and the other guy (pilot to those of us in the industry) just taxied out and took off and flew to the West Coast without talking to anyone. Recently, our Pilot in Charge (Chief Pilot) has tried to discourage us from taxiing out and taking off without talking to the magic men on the other side of my radio (controller) who tell us what runway we are supposed to taxi to. So now, after we push back and put away the manual that tells us how to start the airplanes jet engines, we have to figure out how to use the radio. Normally, we have been starting with a frequency that we are familiar with...121.5. After a few times of just talking out loud like we did in the device (Simulator) one of us finally remembers to push the button (push to talk)on the stick (stick)Usually someone "ON GUARD" (apparently) will point us in the right direction as far as frequencies and such. Then, cripes, we have to find our way around that busy and complicated airport (airport). All of this takes more time than if a professional (United) pilot was doing it. Hence, the delays and poor on time performance.

I hope I have cleared things up and that you and family have a wonderful day. Best wishes.
Your Pal,
Dave.

Yawn . . . . . Whatever floats yer boat. Like I said, I only have one screen name on this board.

You and all your screen names are pretty obvious- not one of them has ever made a single post on this board that offered any sort of information or assistance, or imparted any speck of knowlege on any subject related to aviation. You come here for the sole purpose of trying to piss off pilots.

Maybe you ought to consider getting a job . . .

Ty Webb said:
Maybe you ought to consider getting a job . . .

His parents probably wont sign his permision slip for underage work so hes still stuck in the basement for now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back