United Feeder Service ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UM#1

Curious what happened to UFS who used to operate the ATP's out of ORD for United? I was reading an old magazine I found (1998) and it had an old article about them and their hiring/training procedures. I remember I used to see them training at night in FWA back in 1999 with those big ole' ATP's...

UAL eat their young. I'm sure a UFS guy will chime on and fill in the blanks. They flew the BAT. Big AS$ Turboprop. UAL somehow decided they were to be disaseembled. Some UFS pilots got pref interviews at UAL others did not...

I was a former UFSer

The ATP's were mx hogs and the reliability and ontime performance was bad so, they discontinued UFS, parked the ATP's and laid everyone off. UFS was the red headed step child of TSA but it was a fun place to work. The ATP although and odd duck was fun to fly. Got to go to Scotland for the sim. I was the last off the street captain hired (and that made it through). Tough program really. Some went on to TSA some to UAL, yes they gave a preferential interview but hired all the, um ,nevermind. The ATP's are all overseas now and most UFSeres including myself have found jobs elsewhere but having an ATP on my ATP is kind a cool.

Worked FLight Ops for UFS back in the day...til mgmt an UAL put the ax in....sure wish the ATP was still around. Great airplane I thought, would have loved to fly it. Seen some of the freight conversions...looks like its making a pretty good freighter across the pond.

The ATP was a big old b*tch. You know you were flying an odd duck when every controller would ask what the BAT was. I had a good time there except for being in class with CommanderHoek.

Terryhfly

Terry is really a woman

TerryHFly we thought was a man but found out is a lesbian name Terrisa. Works in Denver now at a bar called "Big Richards". Puts on a great show does this thing with a model airplane in her "T--T". Quite a performance. She use to offer the boys "JOBS"! back at UFS, if you know what I mean!

wow. sounds like a typical freak show that hulas would hire (not all though, take no offense) when did this weirdo work there? don't remember a "terry"

Latest resources

Back