Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Express returns to DEN and evacs on rwy...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for the record, the first call the crew made after the smoke started led with a rushed "Acey 5912." When DEN asked again who made the call was when they responded simply "5912." That wasn't their full callsign, of course, but it also didn't sound much like "United 12," whereas the initial adrenaline-spiked call made into the mic of an O2 mask could conceivably sound a bit like "This is United 12."

The controller shouldn't be fired or anything, but he certainly didn't have much basis to make the logical leap to a fake call.

Last edited:
I can assume you have no other skills but flying an airplane....but that doesn't mean I am correct.
What does that even mean? What "skills", how would you know what skills I may or may not have? Do you mean incorrect?

You are obviously mildly retarded so I'll spell it out:
I disagreed with your statements "the pilots f'ed it up ..... the pilots routinely failed to use the full call sign" and on and on. You don't know what they "routinely do".
My point is: the controller was clearly remiss in jumping to the "prank" assumption and not asking more questions.

Last edited:
We have a winner.

121 aircraft need EVAS installed before someone gets killed over a crew not being able to read the panel. Also, using your full callsign in each transmission needs to be second nature. If it is, you'll use it during a hellaciously stressful time like evacuating on an active runway with an airplane full of smoke.

These guys still did a fine job. Many less serious situations have caused crews to wad up an airplane.

Bingo.

Already happened...UPS 6

Good point. It may have helped those guys. However, just like Swissair, the fire may have spread so fast that EVAS may not have been able to contain the fire, and the damage the fire did to the aircrafts systems. Possible, but I don't think the UPS guys were gonna win that one, just like Swissair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back