Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Express pilots chraged for jumpseat!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
anyone who works for a company with the new 'enhanced' travel bennies will have to pay up or no jumpseating!

Chraged= outraged over an unfair tariff?

Heard about this. You can still jumpseat but cannot flow back into the cabin if there is space. Same as DL. Do you UAL Express guys have to pay the Delta fee as well or is it just us DCI's? Heard if we are going to have to pay the UAL fee? I'm afraid we are going to be paying 50 bucks a year on all the airlines we commute on.

The perks continue.

Heard about this. You can still jumpseat but cannot flow back into the cabin if there is space. Same as DL. Do you UAL Express guys have to pay the Delta fee as well or is it just us DCI's? Heard if we are going to have to pay the UAL fee? I'm afraid we are going to be paying 50 bucks a year on all the airlines we commute on.

The perks continue.

Yeah but UAL policy states (at least 2 years ago) that if there is any open cabin seats, than the jumpseat can not be occupied. seems like a rock and a hard place to me.

TSA policy too, I think. Plus, after the door closes, Captain's discretion, no? No rules are more useless than those that will be broken and cannot be enforced, except perhaps those rules that a higher power will overrule.

Last edited:
TSA policy too, I think. Plus, after the door closes, Captain's discretion, no? No rules are more useless than those that will be broken and cannot be enforced, except perhaps those rules that a higher power will overrule.

Two recent accidents may have been prevented if there was a jumpseater in the jumpseat and not in the back. Comair at LEX and Colgan at BUF may not have occurred if a jumpseater had spoken up. Again, TSA policy is not in the best interest of aviation safety.

Last edited:
Two recent accidents may have been prevented if there was a jumpseater in the jumpseat and not in the back. Comair at LEX and Colgan at BUF may not have occurred if a jumpseater had spoken up. Again, TSA policy is not in the best interest of aviation safety.

Well said - another set of eyes can be very valuable when the poo hits the fan

Latest resources

Back