• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

United Express pilots chraged for jumpseat!

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
Total Time
anyone who works for a company with the new 'enhanced' travel bennies will have to pay up or no jumpseating!

Raoul Duke

Total Time
that is not true, you just have to keep your OMC form and make sure the gate agent lists you as a js

urflyingme?!

Man Among Men
Total Time
If you don't pay the fee you cant sit in the cabin.

30West

NARF!
Total Time
@8000
Chraged= outraged over an unfair tariff?

RJLoser

Total Time
Heard about this. You can still jumpseat but cannot flow back into the cabin if there is space. Same as DL. Do you UAL Express guys have to pay the Delta fee as well or is it just us DCI's? Heard if we are going to have to pay the UAL fee? I'm afraid we are going to be paying 50 bucks a year on all the airlines we commute on.

The perks continue.

pilot772

Total Time
a few
Heard about this. You can still jumpseat but cannot flow back into the cabin if there is space. Same as DL. Do you UAL Express guys have to pay the Delta fee as well or is it just us DCI's? Heard if we are going to have to pay the UAL fee? I'm afraid we are going to be paying 50 bucks a year on all the airlines we commute on.

The perks continue.

Yeah but UAL policy states (at least 2 years ago) that if there is any open cabin seats, than the jumpseat can not be occupied. seems like a rock and a hard place to me.

q100

Total Time
8000+
TSA policy too, I think. Plus, after the door closes, Captain's discretion, no? No rules are more useless than those that will be broken and cannot be enforced, except perhaps those rules that a higher power will overrule.

Last edited:

DrProc

Total Time
TSA policy too, I think. Plus, after the door closes, Captain's discretion, no? No rules are more useless than those that will be broken and cannot be enforced, except perhaps those rules that a higher power will overrule.

Two recent accidents may have been prevented if there was a jumpseater in the jumpseat and not in the back. Comair at LEX and Colgan at BUF may not have occurred if a jumpseater had spoken up. Again, TSA policy is not in the best interest of aviation safety.

Last edited:

B.T.Justice

Total Time
Two recent accidents may have been prevented if there was a jumpseater in the jumpseat and not in the back. Comair at LEX and Colgan at BUF may not have occurred if a jumpseater had spoken up. Again, TSA policy is not in the best interest of aviation safety.

Well said - another set of eyes can be very valuable when the poo hits the fan

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
two recent accidents may have been prevented if there was a jumpseater in the jumpseat and not in the back. Comair at lex and colgan at buf may not have occurred if a jumpseater had spoken up. Again, tsa policy is not in the best interest of aviation safety.

+ 1...

rickair7777

Total Time
Lots

I thought there was a JSer on Colgan...was he in the cabin?

WayBack

Total Time
Another way the pilots are supporting the companies because the airlines refuse to increase ticket prices....so let's make the pilots and FA's pay for it!
ALPA should be all over this. Instead, they're golfing.