United Express 7512 Nose GR up EMG LDG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jaybird said:
it's not the nose gear that has problems. This is the first case i've heard of this happening with the gear not extending.

the problem you're refering to are the tire failures, which is a design problem due to the dimensions of the tire.

What is the problem with tire? Does it hang up on something in the nose gear bay?

DoinTime said:
What is the problem with tire? Does it hang up on something in the nose gear bay?

Two separate issuse....The tire issue we have been having did NOT cause the problem with the gear not coming down in IAD as far as I know.

There is a problem with the tire sidewalls blowing out because of the design, as stated earlier. There is only one manufacturer of this tire so we can't just change who we buy them from.

TheBigPicture said:
Two separate issuse....The tire issue we have been having did NOT cause the problem with the gear not coming down in IAD as far as I know.

There is a problem with the tire sidewalls blowing out because of the design, as stated earlier. There is only one manufacturer of this tire so we can't just change who we buy them from.

ya know, there are nose tires that have been around for a few years that actually work...

...it really IS NOT THAT HARD to us existing off-the-shelf hardware...even in a new design....

If I recall, Boeing supplied essentially 757 MLG's off the shelf for B2 construction.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back