• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United confirms it's adding 4 seats to regional jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The BOW weight on the new plane (70 seats "slim line")is 44,600... The old version (66 seats) average is 45,100.... Thats a 500lb savings... Add the 4 pax and its only 100lb difference.. No jumpseat problems.. The index moved back 4.0 from average...

Last edited:
The 700 is the one variant that could take a full load of pax and a Jumpseat on most flights. With an extra 1000+ lbs! you can pretty much say goodbye to the Jumpseat.

Depends. If you needed more than one hour of alt/holding fuel (on top of legal reserve) you MIGHT run into an issue.

But mostly, you're wrong.

Some of you guys love telling people they're wrong based on your own experience. We already have a number of city pairs where quite often we can't take 66 pax. And we have quite a few takeoffs around 74000 lbs. Add to that 4 pax and bags and you're over 75000 lbs.

Obviously not every flight is going to be weight limited, but it's not a sure thing anymore.

The legroom for each seat will remain the same, United said.

Bullcrap. Southwest said the same thing when they shoehorned another row of seats in. It wasn't true for them, either.

Some of you guys love telling people they're wrong based on your own experience. We already have a number of city pairs where quite often we can't take 66 pax. And we have quite a few takeoffs around 74000 lbs. Add to that 4 pax and bags and you're over 75000 lbs.

Obviously not every flight is going to be weight limited, but it's not a sure thing anymore.

Well. Sorry. I only have 6000 hrs in that plane, 7 years of which they had 70 seats in them BEFORE there was first class or ex plus etc. Only a handful of pax bumped over the years. Happened less than 5 times I'd say. Once in Denver when it was about 103 outside!

I submit that you are incorrect.

Last edited:

You're right.
1400 nm and you're at it's limit.
I can think of a few off the top of my head, ORD-YEG and AUS-SFO. Couldn't even take all rev passengers.

Well. Sorry. I only have 6000 hrs in that plane, 7 years of which they had 70 seats in them BEFORE there was first class or ex plus etc. Only a handful of pax bumped over the years. Happened less than 5 times I'd say. Once in Denver when it was about 103 outside!

I submit that you are incorrect.

Case in point: Yesterday, AUS/SFO, could only take 64 pax.

Latest resources

Back