• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Cancels newhire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to a friend who was in the April class. He was told that he would be put in a pool for up to year.

That'd be what I'd expect. The situation is very fluid right now.
They still don't have a good handle on how many will retire at 60; there are >20/month reaching age 60. According to our SSC (system scheduling committee) report for January, there were a total of 2 retirements. I've been waiting to see the Feb SSC report, but it isn't available yet.

problem is.... you are conditional. If others don't agree with you then you reject the profession

....I don't reject the profession...I just reject ideas that I don't think will work or that make things worse.....

Why should I endorse ideas that I think are wrong? That is one of things I can't stand about ALPA....Don't tell the emporer he has no cloths on...Don't disagree in public....Don't question in public....Hogwash.....

Question authority....On BOTH sides of every debate...

....I don't reject the profession...I just reject ideas that I don't think will work or that make things worse.....

So is it ok that other reject your ideas? Or is it one sided.. all about you? Are you only allowed to reject others ideas?

You are the rejector and everyone else must comply with you?

Why should I endorse ideas that I think are wrong?

When I was a rep we voted on a TA. There were a couple of things that I was adamently opposed.. but the whole of the TA was sound. I endorsed some ideas that I thought was wrong for the greater good of the TA.

Do you understand this?

That is one of things I can't stand about ALPA....Don't tell the emporer he has no cloths on...Don't disagree in public....Don't question in public....Hogwash.....

Ahhh the truth comes out. How does disagreeing in public help anyone in our profession... Can you explain that?

If the Vice President of the US doesn't agree with the President, shall he go public?

Question authority....On BOTH sides of every debate...

Number rule of CRM.... So when the Captain says to the FO... what do you think, and the FO says I think we should divert to ABC airport.. and the Captain says.. I've considered that... but we will divert to XYZ airport...

You say question that authority... You're the kind of guy that doesn't help the Captain safely divert to XYZ... you stare out the right window and pout... meanwhile... the pax in the back suffer...

The truth comes out about Joey.... its all about Joey...

So is it ok that other reject your ideas? Or is it one sided.. all about you? Are you only allowed to reject others ideas?

You are the rejector and everyone else must comply with you?

It's absolutely OK for people to reject my ideas.....just don't ask me to support failed ideas....I don't support ideas that I think don't work or are actually worse....

The truth is it is you folks on the other side of the aisle that can't stand different opinions....Continue to wave your ALPA pom-pom....That's great.....

It is the ALPAistas that think everyone must comply with them.....Keep posting your opinion and I will keep posting mine....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
When I was a rep we voted on a TA. There were a couple of things that I was adamently opposed.. but the whole of the TA was sound. I endorsed some ideas that I thought was wrong for the greater good of the TA.

Do you understand this?

Absolutely I do.....That is how I treated the recent TA at ASA......I would have put more into the scope section even if it meant less for the rest of the contract....I had lots of heartburn with it and the circumstances that led to it....But I voted yes because it was time to move on and we were in danger of becoming the next victim of the "Portfolio Wheel of Misfortune"....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Ahhh the truth comes out. How does disagreeing in public help anyone in our profession... Can you explain that?

If the Vice President of the US doesn't agree with the President, shall he go public?

The truth always comes out with me.....I don't hide my opinions or beliefs for political expediency.... My primary objective is protecting my job....not the profession....Because of failed policies in Herndon (and DFW)....it has become a free-for-all everyman for themself deal....Not the best way to do business...but it is what it is......

Using your analogy...I wouldn't be able to be a very good Vice President.....I vote for Bush....But I believe he has made many mistakes....

I voted for Ron Paul to send a message to the Republican Party.....You see Rez....there is a place for people to challenge the status quo and stir things up......Talk radio does influence politics in this country even though none of those guys could win a political office.....Depends on whether you want to be a politician.....Politicians rarely get anything done....You are a politician....I am not.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Number rule of CRM.... So when the Captain says to the FO... what do you think, and the FO says I think we should divert to ABC airport.. and the Captain says.. I've considered that... but we will divert to XYZ airport...

You say question that authority... You're the kind of guy that doesn't help the Captain safely divert to XYZ... you stare out the right window and pout... meanwhile... the pax in the back suffer...

The truth comes out about Joey.... its all about Joey...

....well since we are going to use the CRM/cockpit analogy....Let's go one further.....The captain is going below minimums....how far do you as the FO sit there and let him go....sometimes you have do what you think is right.....

Your scenario and mine are different as are all of the various issues we face......I can live with small disagreements....but at a certain point you have to challenge the status quo.....All large organizations need a good shakeup....They get to complacent and to comfortable in the status quo......

United New Hire Classes

Hey all,

I interviewed at the end of February and was told to expect an August class. An HR Rep just confirmed that April and May classes have been canceled, but that job offers for those of us in this waiting for training "pool" are good for one year from the date of the interview. Hope that helps to answer some questions.

jr

Latest resources

Back