• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United cancels furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a Oct 1 furlough date. Someone from HQ called and said it was cancelled, however it would take a couple of weeks before they knew what the next step would be. (ie standby to get another furlough notice.)

With oil on the slide they may not be parking all the aircraft they originally said they would...might have something to do with this. Remember...when oil hit about 120 they said they were parking 30 737's. When oil hit $140 they said they were parking 100. Now with oil back down in the 119-122 range...things might be changing. If oil did not spike at all...non of this would even be happening.

Or....if we had decent senior management/leadership none of this would be happening!

Also, they lost the lawsuit this AM. Judge would not issue a TRO!

Way to foster goodwill towards your employee groups Glenn!

My furlough (Oct 1) was also canceled (i.e. postponed).

Well, my September 10th furlough date just changed to September 17th. I guess I will get a full six months at United...what a great career!

Same thing happened to me. I got a call yesterday moving my furlough date from the 3rd of Sep to 10 Sep. I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think furloughs are going to stay cancelled.

Or....if we had decent senior management/leadership none of this would be happening!

Also, they lost the lawsuit this AM. Judge would not issue a TRO!

Way to foster goodwill towards your employee groups Glenn!

Didn't get an email on the TRO, where did you here about it?

Well, my September 10th furlough date just changed to September 17th. I guess I will get a full six months at United...what a great career!
A FULL HALF-HALF winger !!!!!

Me too brutha........why even call me with this news - just give me an e-mail !!

I received a call from Chicago changing my date one week. Have not received the promised email confirmation though.

Latest resources

Back