• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buying CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obama doesn't give two sh!ts about the "union-ness" of a certain carrier. As far a he is concerned and knows they are both represented by the union that supported him. He's not going to side with a group within a group.

Also, I think after the Olympics support debacle, Obama is done sticking his neck out for the betterment of Chicago.

Unless the new company is free of Tilton and his ilk, all at both companies are doomed to a slow painful death.

About the only true statement to be found on this thread. Anyone have an update yet on Ferris?

OMG, I just heard United is buying CAL and merging lists by DOH. Keeping United name too.

Also ExpressJet will finally be getting our flying back that CAL gave to Colgan. Finally!!!

And yes I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. LOL

OK Pocco, I think your first " I heard" just was announced 1 hour ago....UAL replacing United Express flying and using ExpressJet.

Will see about your other one about UAL buying CAL.....impressive young skywalker.....

Theres a name from the past. What do you have?

Kellners gone...........Smisecks gone...........Tilton won't make the cut if the deal is to go through...........Gordos too old for this crap anymore........MTC. Your thoughts?

Kellners gone...........Smisecks gone...........Tilton won't make the cut if the deal is to go through...........Gordos too old for this crap anymore........MTC. Your thoughts?

No, I meant whats up with Ferris these days.

If a merger gets rid of Tilton, bring it on. Please.

No I didn't. I only heard about a fairly small United contract.

22 aircraft. Or in context, less than 10% of the ExpressJet fleet.

Huge? Not so much, particularly when compared to the 214 aircraft operated for CAL. ;)

Now think about this...I guess UAL did not renew the Mesa contract and then award only 22 aircraft to Xjet...so is UAL going to redistribute the rest or just directly shrink the 50 seat market....

Latest resources

Back