United and Continental Merge??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I_Love_Lamp said:
My source is a former classmate who is at a level right below the board of directors.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard from people "who know people" over the past 10 years about airline mergers. It's laughable.

At TWA everyone was talking about TWA/AWA merging. It was going to be announced "anyday now". Again from people with "friends". No AWA, but AA without a single rumor about that. Since I have been at CAL I have already heard about a "huge" announcement in February, that's 2006 not 2007. Guess what no "huge" announcement.

Sorry to seem so jaded, but history has proven 99.9% of airline rumors false.

CLAMBAKE

pkober said:
I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard from people "who know people" over the past 10 years about airline mergers. It's laughable.

At TWA everyone was talking about TWA/AWA merging. It was going to be announced "anyday now". Again from people with "friends". No AWA, but AA without a single rumor about that. Since I have been at CAL I have already heard about a "huge" announcement in February, that 2006 not 2007. Guess what no "huge" announcement.

Sorry to seem so jaded, but history has proven 99.9% of airline rumors false.

CLAMBAKE
Exactly my point. I was saying that a merger is not going to happen :)

OKAY Then, have a nice day

Apparently the word is on the street. This thread sent Continental stock soaring up 4%. Cons-United will be up and running in no time.

Latest resources

Back