Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

k3mbbc

Hooked on SWA
Has anyone heard about the possible merge of United and Continental?

United pilots seem to think it will definitely happen....it's just a matter of time. Continental pilots say "no way!"

What are the rumors out there? I'm surprised I haven't seen many threads on this.

Has anyone heard of the possible merger of Aeroflot, Airtran , American, Colgan, Comair, Continental, CoEx, Delta, Eagle, Frontier, Great Lakes, Horizon, Northwest, Ryanair, Southwest, Spirit, TSA, United, USAir, US Air Force (circle one) and Atlas, Boston-Maine Airways, China Eastern, Dragonair, Air France, Gulfstream, Hooters Air, JetBlue, Kingfisher, Great Lakes, PSA, Scenic, Skywest, Tonga Air, Virgin America (circle one)?

This is a hot one!

Feel free to modify and post in all forums.

Hooters air is not doing business but the parent company (Pace Airlines) is still operating. Someone could still buy Hooters air.

k3mbbc said:
Has anyone heard about the possible merge of United and Continental?

United pilots seem to think it will definitely happen....it's just a matter of time. Continental pilots say "no way!"

What are the rumors out there? I'm surprised I haven't seen many threads on this.

Yes, it is definitely in the works.

Espalda Mojado said:
Yes, it is definitely in the works.

My sources high up within UAL (and I'm no management lackey) say that this possibility hasn't even been mentioned. UAL was profitable in May, there's no reason for them to go through the hassle of a merger.

Let me guess your source is your brothers best friends uncles sisters best friends cat groomer.

Get real. Airline rumors are like A$%^(*e's. Everyones got one.

pkober said:
Let me guess your source is your brothers best friends uncles sisters best friends cat groomer.

Get real. Airline rumors are like A$%^(*e's. Everyones got one.

My source is a former classmate who is at a level right below the board of directors.

Latest resources

Back