• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Continental in talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to wonder if Delta is going to be forced into something with another carrier by this sort of financial pressure if this deal goes through. Northwest maybe???

Ummm...with US Airways perhaps? Not psychic or anything.

Hey brainiac, ever figure that I might have come across that somwehere, like say on FI and at work?

Last I heard US Air had backed off due to pressure from within. Northwest would be the next likely carrier not currently dealing with a merger that hasn't gone well. Either way, that rumor has been aorund for years as has the CA and UAL one.

Not going to happen due to all of that overlap. Looking at UAL/CAL, it may happen because the route maps fit together nicely, little overlap, which means less job loss. Not the case with DL/US, and the politicians know it. Even Airtran and Midwest are touting the lack of overlap for their possible merger. IF DL has to merge, NWA would be the better choice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Doesn't sound like DL and UAL---"Delighted."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not going to happen due to all of that overlap. Looking at UAL/CAL, it may happen because the route maps fit together nicely, little overlap, which means less job loss. Not the case with DL/US, and the politicians know it. Even Airtran and Midwest are touting the lack of overlap for their possible merger. IF DL has to merge, NWA would be the better choice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You may be right about NWA...

Northwest Airlines hires mergers expert
http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/061208/1388226.html?.v=2

Fly Safe...
:cool:

Latest resources

Back