• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Continental get DOT approval

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, at least for now. There might be a merger later on down the road, but I would bet this rules it out for the next couple of years at least. I don't know why everyone thinks a merger is right around the corner. For what reason??? They are going to see what benefits they can get with the alliance before they go back to the table and start thinking about a merger.

Spot on. The fact CAL joined the STAR Alliance was simply due to DAL and NWA merging and presenting an unfavorable situation for CAL with SkyTeam...nothing more, nothing less.

UAL pilots.....for sure a merger going to happen
CAL pilots.....for sure a merger ain't going to happen.

WTF do we know??? I think since we didn't merge last year, it's going to be awhile before we revist it. It might happen this year, maybe in 10 years. Who knows and who cares....out of our control.

It ain't happening anytime soon.

Well, I'll have to agree contrail67, it seems like they're aligning things, but that could just be for mutual benefit. If fuel climbs back up, I think it's a done deal. But with fuel pretty stable in the 40-80 range, i don't think it'll happen anytime soon. Also, I think once UAL get's their finances in order and turns things around, a merger probably will happen. I think a merger didn't happen last year because UAL just wanted to fire sale the airline to CAL with all the problems. Clean it up....maybe. Anyhow, what do we know?

Shhhh Glen Tilton is keeping tabs on FI to try and get guidence on this merger issue. Careful what you write!!

MHO, a UAL/CAL merger is still a distinct possibility.

Latest resources

Back