• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines, US Airways Merger Could Be Two Weeks Away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"If an ALPA pilot group merges with a non-ALPA pilot group, the ALPA pilots involved will also retain the hard-won labor protective merger provisions of their collective bargaining agreements.
However, the legislation goes further and also guarantees ALPA pilots involved in a non-ALPA merger, and all unionized employees under the Railway Labor Act, at least a minimum standard of protection in future transactions with merging employee groups outside of their union by ensuring a “fair and equitable” seniority integration process under the Allegheny-Mohawk merger provisions, which are incorporated in this law."

You're kidding, right?

BTW, I had to laugh today while CNBC was discussing the UAL/USAir talks, and Sue Harrera said, "OH, it's such an fascinating time in the airline industry these days! All the consolidation going on...ooh!"

Yeah, real fascinating, Clueless!

yeah tune in the fights and maybe an airline merger will break out

We know what happens when 2 ALPA groups try to merge, so what happens when one is ALPA and one is Independent? What is the procedure?

ALG-Mohawk LPPs. In other words, arbitration is the likely solution. Am I the only one that is hoping and praying that Nicolau makes a comeback? :laugh:

The Usair east will be stapled to the bottom of UAL?

Yes, this is what I've heard. The West, however, will receive DOH and preferential hiring into the training department along with complimentary B747 types (both seats) and 24/7 per diem for one calendar year from the snapshot. West pilots can never be furloughed....ever. Also, as a bonus, all the West scabs will be slotted in with the UAL scabs, just to keep it real.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back