• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines to Recall All Furloughed Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a buddy that's 777 Captain in Dubai who's ready to get back. I'm sure there are a few pilots that Emirates will be losing.

I got a buddy that's 777 Captain in Dubai who's ready to get back. I'm sure there are a few pilots that Emirates will be losing.

EK let him keep his furlough status?!

I thought EK required it to be rescinded before accepting employment!?

Nope..... The first time he got furloughed he went to Comair and they asked him to rescind before starting. United laughed and said you'll have your number just say you did for Comair. Sure enough he got called back from Comair with his same number.

Last time I talked to him he said he was ready to get the hell out of Dubai so I take it he's got his old number still.

I assume that means reduced outside hiring at UAL for the near term....

There will be a few more that return but it won't be a lot.

Nope..... The first time he got furloughed he went to Comair and they asked him to rescind before starting. United laughed and said you'll have your number just say you did for Comair. Sure enough he got called back from Comair with his same number.

Last time I talked to him he said he was ready to get the hell out of Dubai so I take it he's got his old number still.

United's policy has always been to ignore resignation letters. That's why FexEx only hired a handful of UAL furloughees.

Latest resources

Back