United Airlines Pilot Retirement Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BluDevAv8r

Hey...just doing some research on this issue...

Can anyone at UAL tell me exactly how your retirement benefits break down? Leaving aside profit sharing, how does your B-Plan work as well as your C-Plan? I'm pretty sure you get a 9% B-Plan contribution regardless but is your C-Plan a variable contribution or is it guaranteed? Any truth to the rumor than you guys just gave up 1% of pay to bump the C-Plan to 7%? Thanks in advance!

-Neal

Hey...just doing some research on this issue...

Can anyone at UAL tell me exactly how your retirement benefits break down? Leaving aside profit sharing, how does your B-Plan work as well as your C-Plan? I'm pretty sure you get a 9% B-Plan contribution regardless but is your C-Plan a variable contribution or is it guaranteed? Any truth to the rumor than you guys just gave up 1% of pay to bump the C-Plan to 7%? Thanks in advance!

-Neal

9% b fund. 6% c fund. c fund goes to 7% in '08. The C plan is not variable. The above percentages are taken from your gross income and placed into a tax deferred account. You can invest the money in a basket of about 15 Frank Russel mutual funds or transfer the money to a Schwab account and invest in anything you want.

9% b fund. 6% c fund. c fund goes to 7% in '08. The C plan is not variable. The above percentages are taken from your gross income and placed into a tax deferred account. You can invest the money in a basket of about 15 Frank Russel mutual funds or transfer the money to a Schwab account and invest in anything you want.
So lets say you make 10,000 a month gross and you contribute fully in the B and C plan. Does that mean you have 900 dollars in the B and 700 in the C of your own money or does the company match that and now you have double those amounts?

So lets say you make 10,000 a month gross and you contribute fully in the B and C plan. Does that mean you have 900 dollars in the B and 700 in the C of your own money or does the company match that and now you have double those amounts?

You don't have to contribute anything. You make 10K in the month and they put $900 in the B fund and $700 in the C fund.

You don't have to contribute anything. You make 10K in the month and they put $900 in the B fund and $700 in the C fund.

Just to be clear: The money the company puts into your b and c plans is 16% above and beyond your pay.

Also consider if you are looking at UAL total compensation, if you choose the HMO option, family health and dental are completely paid for by the company.

United pays for your health care? Is there a website or brochure that can be seen on the web to see the health and dental benefits?

Thanks.

United pays for your health care? Is there a website or brochure that can be seen on the web to see the health and dental benefits?

Thanks.

BCBS of IL HMO and I think the dental HMO is Aetna, although there is another choice for dental I think. The dental is not that great. Those are the only 'free choices and that's only for this year. Guys based outside of ORD may not have those same choices and therefore might have a bigger cost as far as health care is concerned. It changes with every open enrollment, but this year the above plans were free for guys lliving in IL.

The B and C fund contributions are OVER AND ABOVE your hourly rate and are tax deferred, which basically equates to an hourly increase of about 20% for a guy in the 25% tax bracket.

Latest resources

Back