• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines and Continental Airlines Jumpseat Priority Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not my fault you voted in Alpo! Independant unions are the wave of the future. Alpo sat idly by while we all lost our pensions, scope and pay!

ALPA is a self-serving, insider politics machine that only takes care of UAL and DAL. As a long time USAir pilot, I think it is just a matter of time before this corrupt organization implodes. Their merger policy was a joke and they let Segal take our pensions away. It doesn't surprise me ALPA will let scabs back in the union- heck, they even have a scab at the top of the heap!
USAPA is just the start- we are waiting for the UAL and DAL guys to catch on and join us with their own unions!

You are full of fecal matter. Is that you instructor doosh? I think you just wasted another $10 of your mom's making a new screen name, TROLL!!!

Not my fault you voted in Alpo! Independant unions are the wave of the future. Alpo sat idly by while we all lost our pensions, scope and pay!

HHmmm, you might be on to something or you could be dead wrong?? I don't know the answer. I suspect we'll know in the next five years or so. Having been a member of the IACP I do remember a great deal of consternation regarding the unions ability to raise enough funds to negotiate and enforce a reasonable contract.

I think the next large defection from ALPA (UAL or CAL would be my top two guesses) will lead to a landslide of carriers abandoning ALPA in favor of independent unions. This is only my opinion. I firmly believe that the bottom 1/3rd of just about every major pilot group is seething with animosity regarding what age 65 has done and it's obvious culpability in creating furloughs. ALPA could sure use a victory. If they are successful in changing the duty/rest regs in favor of crews I think they will have steadied the masses for a while.

At the same time, an ancillary glance at the landscape would reveal that the most envied pilot contracts at present have been negotiated by independent unions. SWA pilots are prospering, AA pilots have managed to maintain reasonable QOL despite their companies earnings. I'm not sure what the future holds but I don't think ALPA will survive another major catastrophe. I've got plenty of issues with ALPA but I'm still convinced it's the way forward for now (at least where I sit).

Last edited:
Do the major league ball players have more in common with other majors or the farm league players within their system? I would guess other majors, their peers. Same here. Somehow we let the farm leaguers think they deserve a seat at the table. Back to the kiddie table.

Are you kidding me? I have flown regional equipment, and I have flown mainline equipment. What were all those DC9, F100, F27 etc pilots back in the day before all these puke regionals exploded? Were they to be considered minor leaguers because they didn't have the seniority to fly aircraft with greater than 100 seats. Your analogy is absurd.

HHmmm, you might be on to something or you could be dead wrong?? I don't know the answer. I suspect we'll know in the next five years or so. Having been a member of the IACP I do remember a great deal of consternation regarding the unions ability to raise enough funds to negotiate and enforce a reasonable contract.

I think the next large defection from ALPA (UAL or CAL would be my top two guesses) will lead to a landslide of carriers abandoning ALPA in favor of independent unions. This is only my opinion. I firmly believe that the bottom 1/3rd of just about every major pilot group is seething with animosity regarding what age 65 has done and it's obvious culpability in creating furloughs. ALPA could sure use a victory. If they are successful in changing the duty/rest regs in favor of crews I think they will have steadied the masses for a while.

At the same time, an ancillary glance at the landscape would reveal that the most envied pilot contracts at present have been negotiated by independent unions. SWA pilots are prospering, AA pilots have managed to maintain reasonable QOL despite their companies earnings. I'm not sure what the future holds but I don't think ALPA will survive another major catastrophe. I've got plenty of issues with ALPA but I'm still convinced it's the way forward for now (at least where I sit).

I think you're right about ALPA, they need a victory desperately. Personally, lacking that, I can't wait to vote them off property at DAL. I'm done subsidizing the regional's bank roll, 15 years in this industry and I can barely pay the mortgage.

I just want reciprocity. I'm reading how many here have no problem with offering priority to pilots based on the equipment their company flies - whether or not they are direct partner carriers. I can hear the screaming now if my company gave priority to all other Star Alliance regional pilots over the mainline pilots flying the same color airplanes as us.

Then again, I guess this is what we deserve for our $80 million down payment on UAL.

80 mil HAHA!

You just chipped in for your own existence. And UAL will gladly pocket any cash they can.

Down payment. Thats rich.

ALPA is a self-serving, insider politics machine that only takes care of UAL and DAL. As a long time USAir pilot, I think it is just a matter of time before this corrupt organization implodes. Their merger policy was a joke and they let Segal take our pensions away. It doesn't surprise me ALPA will let scabs back in the union- heck, they even have a scab at the top of the heap!
USAPA is just the start- we are waiting for the UAL and DAL guys to catch on and join us with their own unions!

Please explain to me how ALPA "takes care of UAL. Are you kidding me, have you looked at our working conditions over hear? You are correct about ALPA gatting ready to implode. They will become the union of the RJ. I look forward to the opportunity to vote them out of here.

I personally would like to see us join up with AA, US, SW, DL ect and form a seperate union from ALPA.

Please explain to me how ALPA "takes care of UAL. Are you kidding me, have you looked at our working conditions over hear? You are correct about ALPA gatting ready to implode. They will become the union of the RJ. I look forward to the opportunity to vote them out of here.

I personally would like to see us join up with AA, US, SW, DL ect and form a seperate union from ALPA.

I think we are all (UAL,CAL,DAL) one major defection away from seeing ALPA largely dismantled. When you speak to ALPA Nat guys they dismiss the entire idea but I wonder how often they've listened to the sentiment of the average line crew. It's not good, not good at all.

Please show me where this was initated by the UAL MEC.

Did you not read the first post that started this thread?

"The UALMEC has directed your Jumpseat Committee to seek an agreement with the Continental Jumpseat Committee whereby each carrier would grant a higher jumpseat boarding priority to each group of pilots. Your Jumpseat committee has obtained this agreement and will become effective on October 28,2009. "

Latest resources

Back