United 8141??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BlackPilot628

I was flying from YOW to ORD this morning and heard a UAL declare an Emergency with CLE center. We listen to them all the way until landing and they never stated what the problem was. The did sound as if they were wearing their O2 mask and watching them on TCAS they were going down fast.

The crew did an excellent job getting from FL350 to 3,000 doing so in about 8 mins and being on the ground with in 15 mins. They remained calm and truly seemed to have the emergency under control.

Our prays were with the crew as we listened. I'm happy that they made it down safely. Big thumbs up to the crew of UAL8141!

BlackPilot628 said:
I was flying from YOW to ORD this morning and heard a UAL declare an Emergency with CLE center. We listen to them all the way until landing and they never stated what the problem was. The did sound as if they were wearing their O2 mask and watching them on TCAS they were going down fast.

The crew did an excellent job getting from FL350 to 3,000 doing so in about 8 mins and being on the ground with in 15 mins. They remained calm and truly seemed to have the emergency under control.

Our prays were with the crew as we listened. I'm happy that they made it down safely. Big thumbs up to the crew of UAL8141!

STFU!

Flying for CHQ and having your flight numbers designated 7675-7874 I am sure you realize that 8141 was not a United flight, it actually is a flight number for a code share flight on JAZZ/Air Canada.

My I recommend using some O2 while YOU are at altitude next time, it may help you remember things a little more clearly.

AA :D

AAflyer said:
Flying for CHQ and having your flight numbers designated 7675-7874 I am sure you realize that 8141 was not a United flight, it actually is a flight number for a code share flight on JAZZ/Air Canada.

I'm not surprised if he was confused, he still hasn't come to grips with the fact that he works for Shuttle America, not CHQ. ;)

AAflyer said:

My I recommend using some O2 while YOU are at altitude next time, it may help you remember things a little more clearly.

AA :D

AAFlyer,

I beg to differ, UAL has always used "8000" series flight numbers when two flights with the same # are in the air at the same time (like our "stub flight.") It could very well have been a UAL aircraft.

courtesy of your fellow Sky Nazi,
aa73

I'm 100% sure that it was UAL and the airplane devirted to DTW.
As a matter of fact Going into ORD I heard another 8000 UAL flight number. Nice try

aa73 said:
AAFlyer,

I beg to differ, UAL has always used "8000" series flight numbers when two flights with the same # are in the air at the same time (like our "stub flight.") It could very well have been a UAL aircraft.

courtesy of your fellow Sky Nazi,
aa73

AA73,

I was going by their own scheduled flight numbers. However if you are truly accurate I conceed. Got a couple good rumors today at work!! How about you?

See Ya,

AAflyer
;)

furloughfodder said:
What's the rumor? Gonna furlough some more?

Geez, I sure hope not. I would be in the very next batch. From what I've been told over and over again, furloughs are done, and they are looking at possible recalls starting next spring.

Actually, the latest I've heard is that they are not going ahead with re-engining the MD80s anymore (couldn't recoup the costs in a year or less.) Also, only 20 757s are getting the winglets, these are the ones that will do the Europe flying.

What, pray, have you heard,Flyer? Inquiring minds are overflowing with hopefully good news.

HEIL!

Latest resources

Back