United 175s going to Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What extra flying was turned down?

United asked us to do an extra 4000 block hours this summer and we said no we couldnt staff it.

This is the position you are currently in!! I would rethink your last ? and say hell yes..

SkyWest Airlines - $8.8M Profit
ExpressJet - $5.57M Loss
SkyWest, Inc. - $3.23M Total Profit

Thanks to weather and United ********************ing us. When United decides to cancel flights for whatever reason, mostly weather, we(ExpressJet) dont get paid, yet the company still has to pay all the employees due to pay protection. Whoever negotiated the CPA with United was an idiot.

At least on the CRJ side the DAL CPA still pays out if DAL decides to cancel the flight.

In my previous post I said nothing about any employee group but pointed out that XJT co. Was in fact bought by said airlines Skywest. Why so sensitive??? Anyway I will point out to (to my onslaught of neg comments from said employee group) that contract 2004 pretty much help seal xjt's fate with 10's of thousands of dollars per pilot in retro pay going to said pilot group. that contract was signed during the 10% over cost profit margin cal/XJT relationship but 2008 came along and that was end of that!!! The company could have used that money to ride out the coming storm and maybe took a few chances after losing those airplanes.

Last edited:
My point is, Russ, ya shovel-dicked anuspot, is that airlines don't care about safety because children, grandmas, and you, for that matter, are riding on board, it's because airline accidents create financial headaches... Expensive, costly headaches.

And with that in mind, in reality, cutting costs really is numero uno

Good one Clutch.. Feel better now?

I predicated LXJT's demise back in 2003-2004 when cal gave up 70 something airplanes to republic. People were scratching their heads before that when conx/xjt refused to fly the props or fly the e170. I know CAL's scope was 50 seats or less but management had to see something was up and they were on the way out. Xjt and CAL's management butted heads for years and cal got tired of it and destroyed one of their own. Now they sold out to survive and will prolly "wither on the vine". Sad actually, there where some good folks there but management got cocky and thought cal would always be there like the good ol' Gordon Buthune days!!!!

How exactly was CO going to get around the 50-seat scope to fly E170s?

With cal the scope would not allow it but embraer begged xjt to fly the e-series because coex was the original launch customer for the 145/135. But the management at time told them negative and decide to paint the xr's that aquafresh look and try to burn thru the existing cash on hand. I know, I was there scratching my head watching the leaves fall off the coex tree. Xjt should have deversified their income base while cal was deversifing their feed. I know this is rehashing history, but xjt made many missteps thoughout their CPA that could have meant a different outcome than what it is now. Hell, at one point xjt management was going to buy Pinacle airlines.....

I don't claim to know the details of the inside of managements meetings and dealings, I am expressing some of the feelings of some of the employees during that time.

With cal the scope would not allow it but embraer begged xjt to fly the e-series because coex was the original launch customer for the 145/135. But the management at time told them negative and decide to paint the xr's that aquafresh look and try to burn thru the existing cash on hand. I know, I was there scratching my head watching the leaves fall off the coex tree. Xjt should have deversified their income base while cal was deversifing their feed. I know this is rehashing history, but xjt made many missteps thoughout their CPA that could have meant a different outcome than what it is now. Hell, at one point xjt management was going to buy Pinacle airlines.....

I don't claim to know the details of the inside of managements meetings and dealings, I am expressing some of the feelings of some of the employees during that time.

They did try to diversify. Do you remember Frontier, JetBlue, Midwest, United, charter, Delta? XJT flew for every single one of those except Midwest. The problem was the Most Favored Nation clause and the Hub Restriction, along with a couple of other goodies in the CAL CPA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back