United 175s going to Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to Fantasy Island!!

It never hurts to dream, we will see what happens. I've seen periods in the industry where the pilot supply got pretty tight at the regionals and that was before the 1500 hour requirement. Had that reg been in place during those periods there would have been planes parked for lack of crews. Given what we have been through in the last ten years it seems impossible but things are slowly changing and the job market for pilots should look very different in a few years. We will just have to see.

It never hurts to dream, we will see what happens. I've seen periods in the industry where the pilot supply got pretty tight at the regionals and that was before the 1500 hour requirement. Had that reg been in place during those periods there would have been planes parked for lack of crews. Given what we have been through in the last ten years it seems impossible but things are slowly changing and the job market for pilots should look very different in a few years. We will just have to see.

And yet, without a steady stream of pilots into the regionals, the majors will not have a steady stream of pilots. The military folks can't fill anywhere near that number, so don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

On another Board, i think matchpoint hit the nail on the head. Its hard to believe mesa would receive any 175's, they have nothing to trade for them... However what purpose does it serve? It does provide a price for the cheapest feed available, giving United a starting point in pricing. Additionally it continues the "diversified portfolio" in their connection game.

Who cares? A JFK base for the same pay? Yeah, I'm all over that. WFE!!

funny as heck the LXJT turds thought they'd be getting those planes and at their recently agreement of lower wages, turds how's that working out for ya

funny as heck the LXJT turds thought they'd be getting those planes and at their recently agreement of lower wages, turds how's that working out for ya

As smart as Im sure you are an arbitration award has nothing to do with an agreement. Nice try though.

As smart as Im sure you are an arbitration award has nothing to do with an agreement. Nice try though.

Not to mention that just because these aircraft may go to someone else, doesn't mean that XJT won't get any some time in the future.

But many here don't seem to have any common sense or critical thinking skills. Or maybe they lack basic understanding of English?

I predicated LXJT's demise back in 2003-2004 when cal gave up 70 something airplanes to republic. People were scratching their heads before that when conx/xjt refused to fly the props or fly the e170. I know CAL's scope was 50 seats or less but management had to see something was up and they were on the way out. Xjt and CAL's management butted heads for years and cal got tired of it and destroyed one of their own. Now they sold out to survive and will prolly "wither on the vine". Sad actually, there where some good folks there but management got cocky and thought cal would always be there like the good ol' Gordon Buthune days!!!!

Latest resources

Back