• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union Questions (FLOPs pilot)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anything the Teamsters latest move should provide some much needed "competition" within the Unions to provide even better representation.

guido411 said:
I didn't think that the IBT board was a good place to ask these questions since I had to use my own name there so here is the next best place.

Haven't you registered with the ASAP website? It's safe, only the moderators see your real name. I would say half of our pilots have registered, if not more. Then you can ask all the questions you want there.

A union is only as strong as the people who are elected to lead it and the unity of the pilots who follow. It is not a magic organization that does wonderous things. In my opinion unions are a necessity and can be a good thing, both for the company and the workers. Only when greedy management and power hungry leaders do unions get bad names.

guido411 said:
Stealth,

I'll give you 10-1 odds that the guy you talked to was brand new or sitting in a DA50 or CL601. Like tubelcane said, the hawker and bj guys are the grunt worker bees of FLOPs, and thus we are the most unhappy.

. . .QUOTE]

No he was flying the hawker 800XP. He said he had been there for a year or so. How many hours a month do you guys fly???

Stealth,

Impossible. A guy who has been here only a year would have ZERO chance at holding an XP slot. I can only say for the BJ but an average tour for me goes around 25 hours. 2 tours a month makes it around 50 hrs or 500-600 per year.

the split in the AFL-CIO shows that the trend has continued and that unions do not have anything like the strength they once commanded.

If there is an irony it is that the group that chants unity among the workers cannot hold itself together either.

The problem of course is that unions became big business of themselves -- the very thing that they supposedly fought. They becamse strictly interested in dues and who paid them. I personally think it is the result of a population that is more independant and less likely to stay at a job for an entire career --even one that pays well.

Latest resources

Back