• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Under the RLA the policy book becomes the status quo. Management is not allowed to change written policies until you have a first contract. That does not apply to us as we are not an air carrier as defined by the RLA. So my question is: can management make changes before we have a first contract in place or does status quo apply outside of the RLA?

DOH, the term 'Status Quo' stems from the Taft-Hartley act, which came into being before many of us, gummers excluded, were born. It is not specific to the RLA.

Is it me or does it seem that management with their recent emails talking about the "consequences" of a union at Flexjt border on a "hostile working environment"? Any HR gurus on board? Its my impression that there is an underlying threat being presented by mgt towards those who are pro-union.... Thoughts?

My thoughts.....your full of *hit. Anytime anyone opposes a union on property or has a different view ie independant, you attack them personally, call them names, and generally come up with something like your post, whose ONLY purpose is to stir the pot. I think your troll "Grizz" calls them straw persons, erh, men.
WL

You really are dumber than a box of hammers Warlord. I said your argument was a strawman. I even gave you a definition so you could follow along.

Would it help if I typed slower so you could keep up?

Reading Comprehension

You really are dumber than a box of hammers Warlord. I said your argument was a strawman. I even gave you a definition so you could follow along.

Would it help if I typed slower so you could keep up?
Easy Griz.

Remember:

If you are reading this ... thank your teacher (who was probably union). If you are reading this while in prospective rest (that can't be interrupted or changed), thank a Teamster.

Unless you enjoyed the ASAP callouts we all constantly had prior to 91K...:mad:

Last edited:
http://www.trackwary.com/

Wonder now if we really are being tracked and listened to.

Uuuhhhh, YES! But did you really just figure out this was happening?

Flexmobile is what's referred to as an inhouse programmed enterprise solution. They can add all kinds of neat tracking code whenever they upload or update the flexmobile system and you will never notice it. These tracking tools can include the sites you visit and data sent, including search text and usernames. Better hope you're not visiting flightinfo from your blackberry!

Now that crackberries are all company paid phones, they have access to your text and call records as well (well they did before but now a little more legit) and rumor has it they have used some of this info to drag people in for carpet dances trying to ferrett out union supporters or just plain harrass some into being moles.

Union supportive or not, I wouldn't use my company cell phone for anything. They can, have and will use the information to their advantage. Called in sick? Well they can see you're really out running errands not home in bed. Made a minor mistake on a flight? Well, maybe they'll chalk it up to the quick call you made to you're wife, call it deriliction of duty and fire you over it. Or just get onto you for too much talk time period. Now, I'm not saying these things are okay to do, I don't myself, but to hold the balance of one's career and family in their hands over pissy ant stuff is a bit much.

Well, I'm exeragerating a bit. They won't really fire you. They don't gave the stones for that themselves. They'll just make sure you get the fleet hatchet boy your next ride through the TC. Are TC guys mostly good guys just doing their jobs best they can - without a doubt yes. But the honest ones will admit they've all been asked to lean on certain guys a little harder than usual and the ones with integrity don't treat anyone any differently than they would otherwise. But every fleet has that one everyone dreads getting because they actaully enjoy the whole kingmaker fantasy they have going on in their head.

Plain and simple if you don't have a problem with these methods, a union might not be for you. If you're okay getting your concerns addressed only occasionally or whenever there is threat of a card drive, a union might not be for you. If you're okay with the same phrases echoed over the same concerns without movement, then a union isn't for you. If you're okay letting someone with a vested financial interest in marginalizing your worth deciding your fate, then a union isn't for you. If you're okay with the constant vaguely veiled threats coming to your inbox every week that always start with "While I support your right to unionize...." then, well you get the picture. Not enough time to get into all the half-truths spewed forth in those letters, but maybe another time.

Management's nervous for a reason boys and girls. They are finally getting the picture they have pushed it too far. FR and DG were only worth it to Montreal as long as they kept a union off the property. Yes, Big Papa has other unionized workgroups and work well with them. But with a unionized pilot group they will need a different kind of management team. Fred and Dave are fighting for their jobs now too. It's gonna get ugly...

My thoughts.....your full of *hit. Anytime anyone opposes a union on property or has a different view ie independant, you attack them personally, call them names, and generally come up with something like your post, whose ONLY purpose is to stir the pot. I think your troll "Grizz" calls them straw persons, erh, men.
WL

If this was directed towards me then I would ask where I have attacked anyone personally, called them names etc... Have a feeling your either mgt (I guess that might be construed as insult to some..) or one of the company paid instigators.

Mr. dbman, guess you can believe any thing you want about Flexjet actively tracking you, about space aliens, or anything else you want to believe. But you really reveal your hand in your 3rd paragraph when you state “rumour has it...blah blah blah. Care to site ONE example from your rumour source.

I've read quite a few pro-union posts here, but I believe you have just set a new standard for made-up grievances and half-truths...I hope and believe that Flexjetter's reading your missive will recognize it for what it is.

Mr. exagony, your prevous post (4-9-11) on Flex having a “hostile working environment” struck me as phony at best, self-serving at worst....you obviously have never worked at a company that had that type of environment. Your last word was “Thoughts?” I gave you my immediate thought...perhaps I should have waited a few minutes and, though my thoughts would be the same, could have said the more politically correct phrase “full of corn”.
WL

Latest resources

Back