• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position"

You represented that brining in a union would prevent FlexJet from firing people for just cause. I disproved your strawman argument. Unions don't prevent terminations when the just cause provisions have been met.

Next issue troll?

History and experience disagrees with you, Grizz. The best friend of a substandard pilot is a union. having said that, an in-house union is vastly preferable to the Thugsters.

Best friend of every pilot is his union.... Even the pilots in other companies that are non-union benefited from the work of NJASAP. Including the 121 airlines (when we were still TEAMSTERS!)... for example on reserve duty and rest rules....

So you can say thank you Executive Jet pilot's union. Thank you Teamsters ... that the FAA finally enforces its duty/prospective rest rules ... Thank you for 91K!

No thanks to the Gang of Thieves (135 operators) who collectively sued the FAA to try to prevent Pilot Rest. (See Aviators vs the FAA)

Last edited:
The 2005 and 2007 contracts that NetJets pilots enjoy were both negotiated while under the Teamsters. We went our own way for primarily two reasons -

1) We had matured and established a competent office staff (infrastructure) that went with us and
2) We realized that we were doing most of the hard work and could better utilize the dues revenue that we were sending to IBT National.

The Teamsters provided the initial structure and time that allowed us to grow and mature as an organization. It was critical to have their support as we moved forward. The success or failure of an employee group depends solely on that group. If the FlexJet pilots want to succeed, stay united and work hard for their first contract, it won't matter whether it's an in-house union or one serviced by the IBT.

Ideally, an in-house union would allow the greatest autonomy and control but that just isn't realistic given the size of the pilot group at Flex and the lack of infrastructure to service the members.

As some of your are aware, I was very involved in the separation from the Teamsters at NetJets. If I were at Flex, I'd vote for the Teamsters in a New York minute.

The 2005 and 2007 contracts that NetJets pilots enjoy were both negotiated while under the Teamsters. We went our own way for primarily two reasons -

1) We had matured and established a competent office staff (infrastructure) that went with us and
2) We realized that we were doing most of the hard work and could better utilize the dues revenue that we were sending to IBT National.

The Teamsters provided the initial structure and time that allowed us to grow and mature as an organization. It was critical to have their support as we moved forward. The success or failure of an employee group depends solely on that group. If the FlexJet pilots want to succeed, stay united and work hard for their first contract, it won't matter whether it's an in-house union or one serviced by the IBT.

Ideally, an in-house union would allow the greatest autonomy and control but that just isn't realistic given the size of the pilot group at Flex and the lack of infrastructure to service the members.

As some of your are aware, I was very involved in the separation from the Teamsters at NetJets. If I were at Flex, I'd vote for the Teamsters in a New York minute.

Thank you Grizz.

Warlord, if it is "pittly-ass stuff," why the full court press from management on the issue? As many times as a union has been brought to the surface here, and failed miserably might I add, then why don't management put out a message stating that the pilot group should put this to a vote? This way, the vote is taken, and one way or another we move forward as a group?

I fail to see where attacking peoples opinions and views does anything to help Flexjet. FR and I am sure DG, as well as any other high ranking management personnel, has their contract in hand. Why is it so bad that there are pilots that want their own?

For those attacking LR45DRVR, give it a rest. He, just like you, has every right to express his concerns regarding unionizing. While he may have been wrong in the personal attacks, so were you.

I think we all can agree that the FOFG is nothing but a turd in a different wrapper, but some of those guys are trying. Will it do any good? Probably not. Since the CP states that Flexjet will manage how they see fit regardless of what others say, that pretty much sums up where the FOFG can go with our concerns.

The worst thing the pro union guys/gals can do is put out comments that have no proof or backing what so ever. Stick to the facts and discuss the facts, but do it as the professionals we all are.

To the guys/gals in charge of the IBT site. Fix the dang enrollment process. I talk to guys/gals everyday who are pissed that they cannot access the site. You want discussions fix that. If this is how you want to be seen by our group as to how we will be represented, you are failing miserably. You have the best chance in years to pull this off, but lack of abilities to access that site makes you look highly unorganized and inefficient.

Now where is that tequila?

For those who have registered on the IBT site and are still not able to log on:

1. Check you email spam box for a response which includes the info needed to log on.
2. If there is none or was perhaps deleted, review the original welcome letter and personally contact the individual listed, he will verify some info and have you accessing the Flexjet IBT forum in 5 minutes.

Do it! this too important not to get involved and educate yourself.

Could one of you please answer my question.

I see the orifice has released it's Midget Troll King, SG McShorty. Back in the whole Troll, management doesn't love you either. Hahahahaha

If Gross and Reid work under a contract, then why shouldn't we. Simply put, it only seems fair.

I have another question. Since we are not under the RLA, can management change the rules after we certify the union? We don't have stutus quo restrictions do we?

Don't know what rules you're referring to. If you're talking about work rules and such, it would depend on the contract and the wording. Most have a section regarding this and make it virtually impossible or at least very difficult for management to change the non-regulatory day to day operations or fail to be in compliance with those rules.

Something that happens on a regular basis now a Flexjet.

Don't know what rules you're referring to. If you're talking about work rules and such, it would depend on the contract and the wording. Most have a section regarding this and make it virtually impossible or at least very difficult for management to change the non-regulatory day to day operations or fail to be in compliance with those rules.

Something that happens on a regular basis now a Flexjet.

Under the RLA the policy book becomes the status quo. Management is not allowed to change written policies until you have a first contract. That does not apply to us as we are not an air carrier as defined by the RLA. So my question is: can management make changes before we have a first contract in place or does status quo apply outside of the RLA?

Latest resources

Back