• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union coming at Flexjet!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys need to cease and desist right now. Name calling and threats make us all look bad. Don't denigrate our collective pilot group with this kind of BS. We are professionals here. Regardless of your opinion, this banter makes us all look like ********************! If you are in favour of a union at flex, then you know where, and when you should be discussing issues. If you feel the need to try and reach people here, then I humbly suggest you simply present your concerns intelligently and professionally, and leave it at that. If your against it......same thing applies. Infighting is perhaps the most dangerous item here! That will tear this place apart! Which is the very thing that NONE of us wants to happen. This is a very public forum. Respect each other, and respect yourself. If you present yourself with dignity, and honour, your opinions cannot be disrespected regardless of opposition. So.....man up!

You guys need to cease and desist right now. Name calling and threats make us all look bad. Don't denigrate our collective pilot group with this kind of BS. We are professionals here. Regardless of your opinion, this banter makes us all look like ********************! If you are in favour of a union at flex, then you know where, and when you should be discussing issues. If you feel the need to try and reach people here, then I humbly suggest you simply present your concerns intelligently and professionally, and leave it at that. If your against it......same thing applies. Infighting is perhaps the most dangerous item here! That will tear this place apart! Which is the very thing that NONE of us wants to happen. This is a very public forum. Respect each other, and respect yourself. If you present yourself with dignity, and honour, your opinions cannot be disrespected regardless of opposition. So.....man up!

Well said. Don't waste your time arguing with these paid bloggers. Let them say whatever they want. These are the same tactics that took place during Options union drive.

As Grizz said will happen we now have all these training center folks preaching how wonderful everything is. Next time you get a chance to talk to one of these jokers ask them what their average days paid are during training months, how many nights they spent at home last year, how often they have to put in a bid, the list goes on. I respect most of the guys in the training center. I am not saying they have an easy ride. They just have a different perspective and it is sad that they don't even realize it. It's very insulting that they feel the need to preach to those of us in the trenches grinding it out week after week.

Most of us non-union pilots are not disagreeing that this flying gig isn't hard at times. What I'm asking is how a union is going to help....still no answer, cause you don't have one. The job will still be difficult after(if) a union comes on property, probably will be easier since my pockets will be a lot lighter. I think a lot of pro-union guys want to unionize 'cause it's the trendy thing to do now.....show me I'll get my monies worth voting union and I'll join your little conga line. And JokerFuel is right....keep this thread civil...it is open to anyone, and both sides are expressing their opinions.
WL

Most of us non-union pilots are not disagreeing that this flying gig isn't hard at times. What I'm asking is how a union is going to help....still no answer, cause you don't have one. The job will still be difficult after(if) a union comes on property, probably will be easier since my pockets will be a lot lighter. I think a lot of pro-union guys want to unionize 'cause it's the trendy thing to do now.....show me I'll get my monies worth voting union and I'll join your little conga line. And JokerFuel is right....keep this thread civil...it is open to anyone, and both sides are expressing their opinions.
WL

How about this one; they can fire me at any time for any reason or no damn reason without ever hearing my side. All my years of dedication, hard work, and even sales efforts down the tubes in a heartbeat because someone gets a bug up their ass. That really bothers me. I like this job and want to retire from here. I don't want to go to work with a fear in the back of my mind that I can be fired without cause.

Is that something for you? Is that valid enough? Or will you guys find some way to berate me?

How about this one; they can fire me at any time for any reason or no damn reason without ever hearing my side. All my years of dedication, hard work, and even sales efforts down the tubes in a heartbeat because someone gets a bug up their ass. That really bothers me. I like this job and want to retire from here. I don't want to go to work with a fear in the back of my mind that I can be fired without cause.

Is that something for you? Is that valid enough? Or will you guys find some way to berate me?

Exactly!

Jetmaster and lunberg, that's one of the few legitimate reasons to vote union. Now, on your part, show me one, just one, instance where someone has been fired from Flexjet that didn't have just cause. If someone goofs up now, they explain to the ACP what happened, get's talked to or slapped on the wrist (unless the FAA expects more), and it's done. It's just one reason why I don't vote for a union AT Flexjet. If we unionize here, then you can bet any goofy moron that slips thru the hiring process and gets hired will have the full protection(if his dues are fully paid) of the union no mater what he does or who he kills.
WL

warlord -

A union doesn't prevent terminations for just cause. It just adds a process to insure that the just cause provisions are met. I know of a number of NetJets pilots that have been fired for just cause.

Next strawman please.

Jetmaster and lunberg, that's one of the few legitimate reasons to vote union.
Now, on your part, show me one, just one, instance where someone has been fired from Flexjet that didn't have just cause.
If someone goofs up now, they explain to the ACP what happened, get's talked to or slapped on the wrist (unless the FAA expects more), and it's done. It's just one reason why I don't vote for a union AT Flexjet. If we unionize here, then you can bet any goofy moron that slips thru the hiring process and gets hired will have the full protection(if his dues are fully paid) of the union no mater what he does or who he kills.
WL

We over at FLOPS can show 2 that should be in jail, but their still here. All cause their in managements back pocket.

If the company has "Just Cause", the union will not protect you. But if you do managements bidding for them they will protect and promote you.

Last edited:
warlord-

Why do I have to prove anything? Obviously lots of people have been fired since I've been here. You know that if you're a real pilot here. Did all of them deserve it; who knows? That's the point! It is all so onesided. No one advocates for me. If I am accused of something seems like I am guilty till proven innocent. I have gotten those type of phone calls. Not very comforting to know there is no jury!

Latest resources

Back