Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
I don't work for Universial Jet out of Boca Raton, but by the looks of what is left of there hanghar with almost all there planes inside, I'm pretty sure they are done for. I wish I had a picture for you guys, but there entire hangar is crushed. Inside is a Challenger, Citation, and probably 5 or 6 Lears, and it looks like they are all totalled or close to it. I'm on the road for another week so I'm also seeing if anyone has any more info on them, and the rest of the fields down there. I heard, I think it was KOPF tower sustained cracks in the foundation, and is now operating VFR only. Just looking for any info.

Shamus said:
I don't work for Universial Jet out of Boca Raton, but by the looks of what is left of there hanghar with almost all there planes inside, I'm pretty sure they are done for. I wish I had a picture for you guys, but there entire hangar is crushed. Inside is a Challenger, Citation, and probably 5 or 6 Lears, and it looks like they are all totalled or close to it. I'm on the road for another week so I'm also seeing if anyone has any more info on them, and the rest of the fields down there. I heard, I think it was KOPF tower sustained cracks in the foundation, and is now operating VFR only. Just looking for any info.

If they are well insured then it shouldn't matter a bit.

Why didn't they fly the airplane out of there? I mean they did have more than an hour's notice of the storm coming, right? I can understand if the airplane was undergoing mx and not airworthy, but damn...that's a lot of twisted metal. Wonder if they were all looking to upgrade anyway?

EB

Latest resources

Back