• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

UniJet + Wilma = 0

Shamus

FL 510
Total Time
I don't work for Universial Jet out of Boca Raton, but by the looks of what is left of there hanghar with almost all there planes inside, I'm pretty sure they are done for. I wish I had a picture for you guys, but there entire hangar is crushed. Inside is a Challenger, Citation, and probably 5 or 6 Lears, and it looks like they are all totalled or close to it. I'm on the road for another week so I'm also seeing if anyone has any more info on them, and the rest of the fields down there. I heard, I think it was KOPF tower sustained cracks in the foundation, and is now operating VFR only. Just looking for any info.

Dangerkitty

Total Time
Shamus said:
I don't work for Universial Jet out of Boca Raton, but by the looks of what is left of there hanghar with almost all there planes inside, I'm pretty sure they are done for. I wish I had a picture for you guys, but there entire hangar is crushed. Inside is a Challenger, Citation, and probably 5 or 6 Lears, and it looks like they are all totalled or close to it. I'm on the road for another week so I'm also seeing if anyone has any more info on them, and the rest of the fields down there. I heard, I think it was KOPF tower sustained cracks in the foundation, and is now operating VFR only. Just looking for any info.

If they are well insured then it shouldn't matter a bit.

El Bucho

Total Time
5000+
Why didn't they fly the airplane out of there? I mean they did have more than an hour's notice of the storm coming, right? I can understand if the airplane was undergoing mx and not airworthy, but damn...that's a lot of twisted metal. Wonder if they were all looking to upgrade anyway?

EB

Hawker32

Total Time
I understant that everything UJ operates is for sale-so maybe the insurance company was the better buyer.