Uniform Standards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jmoney

I got an email from the union stating that the company will start "enforcing uniform standards" on Feb 15th.....

-Something new or same ol rantings from R.C?

I got an email from the union stating that the company will start "enforcing uniform standards" on Feb 15th.....

Dress like a professional and you'll be treated as a professional. If you don't like the uniform look for another profession.

I was wondering how long it would take to get a thread started on this "controversial" subject.

And to give less of a smart ass answer than WWW, no, this is not just more of RC's old ranting. Apparently, Scott got fed up by a female FO he saw running around with bell bottom hip huggers, and brown Doc Martens with rainbow laces. And he said enough is enough. He sent an email that there would be "uniform amnesty" until 2/15 and after that ALL uniform standards would be "strictly enforced".

Now does that mean we're all going to get a "demerit" or maybe corporal punishment if our shoes aren't shined? Who knows? We'll have to see if they enforce it with common sense (unlikely at ASA) or run around like a bunch of drill sergeants.

Now the many must suffer for the sins of the few.

Really, people: neither the concept nor the execution thereof is difficult. You took the job with (hopefully) the knowledge of what was expected of you. It is as simple as doing what you pledged to do.

Or is keeping your word uncool?

Last edited:
Now the many must suffer for the sins of the few.

Really, people: neither the concept nor the execution thereof is difficult. You took the job with (hopefully) the knowledge of what was expected of you. It is as simple as doing what you pledged to do.

Or is keeping your word uncool?

Well, as you and WWW alluded to, if you look respectable, you should have nothing to fear. If they start nit picking people and imposing excessive penalties I HOPE ALPA will get involved.

And as someone who looks good, but doesn't wear the uniform to military standards, I agree with Scott that it's gotten out of hand. The worst offenders need to be dealt with.

Now does that mean we're all going to get a "demerit" or maybe corporal punishment if our shoes aren't shined? Who knows? We'll have to see if they enforce it with common sense (unlikely at ASA) or run around like a bunch of drill sergeants.
Management needs to issue a blanket statement for all, in order to enforce it to the ones with rainbow laces. I wouldn't worry too much unless you wear hip huggers.

Well, as you and WWW alluded to, if you look respectable, you should have nothing to fear. If they start nit picking people and imposing excessive penalties I HOPE ALPA will get involved.

And as someone who looks good, but doesn't wear the uniform to military standards, I agree with Scott that it's gotten out of hand. The worst offenders need to be dealt with.

There you go using common sense with regards to a company policy; I really expected better of you mon capitan. :beer:

I look awful in the uniform, but I wear it to military standards. The hat makes me look like a pen1s, but I wear it anyway.

Management needs to issue a blanket statement for all, in order to enforce it to the ones with rainbow laces. I wouldn't worry too much unless you wear hip huggers.

That was my point... as long as they enforce it with common sense. Something you rarely see from ASA "knee jerk" management.

Latest resources

Back