Uniform in Fedex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying-Corporal

Why would you wear a white shirt and a tie if you fly cargo? There are no pax to impress and certainly airport employees don't really care how you look.

Why would you wear a white shirt and a tie if you fly cargo? There are no pax to impress and certainly airport employees don't really care how you look.

A buddy of mine at UPS has been asking that question for years... his suggestion was brown flightsuits!

Why do you care?

I don't.

People seem to make such a big of a deal about wearing a hat at Citrus yet Fedex pilots wear a full white shirt uniform flying across the world even though the only people they see are other pilots in the cockpit or the company employees.

And I haven't seen a single post about making uniforms optional at Fedex.

See my point?

Wearing a uniform in a foreign country helps out a lot, usually.

The times I was hassled the most were when I was trying to get around the airport, filing the flight plan, etc, wearing my jeans and tshirt. They don't understand why a pilot would ever be out of uniform.

I don't.

People seem to make such a big of a deal about wearing a hat at Citrus yet Fedex pilots wear a full white shirt uniform flying across the world even though the only people they see are other pilots in the cockpit or the company employees.

And I haven't seen a single post about making uniforms optional at Fedex.

See my point?
T-shirts, sweats, etc, replace the uniform from TOC to TOD!

...and don't forget the Hilton slippers...

Agreed! Wearing a uniform here is stupid.

Why we wear this Captain Steubing costume is beyond me. Hell the guys that deal directly with customers get to wear shorts and a baseball cap.

My idea is khakis and an open-collared golf/polo shirt (with a FedEx logo) if they MUST insist on particular clothing. That way we can match the corporate uniform (business casual) of similarly compensated professionals here.

Latest resources

Back