Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
When will people understand this???? I am pissed!

At princeton airport they have this thing if you click the unicom 5 times you get a voice readback, 6 times you get weather. Or something like that.

So while your trying to land all you get is pilots checking to see that they can hear their own voice. Then checking the weather. Every 5 seconds. It will drive you insane.

ARRRRGH

siucavflight said:
When will people understand this???? I am pissed!

True, but what is your complaint?

Very good topic, nothing more fustrating than converstions on freq. Or that guy who reports 10 miles from the field...9 miles from the field...8 miles from the field..., well you get my drift. At uncontrolled airports please keep transmissons short, direct to the point, and listen.

What about people who don't fly a full pattern at uncontrolled fields? They suck worse. Screw the jibber jabber. Just fly the reccommended procedure.

What are your thoughts on making a radio call for "taxing from the ramp to runway XX"? Necessary or not?

Emilfly said:
What are your thoughts on making a radio call for "taxing from the ramp to runway XX"? Necessary or not?

Necessary if you are going to be crossing the runway in use and the guy in the pattern isn't talking (yet listening on freq). It gives him a heads up at least.

I think that depends on the airport. I've been at a few where there are plenty of taxiways and you can see all of them to the ramp from the runway... but I've been to one where the ramp is wayyyy down at one end and if someone turns off the runway early you'll end up face to face on the one narrow taxiway.

Emilfly said:
Very good topic, nothing more fustrating than converstions on freq. Or that guy who reports 10 miles from the field...9 miles from the field...8 miles from the field..., well you get my drift. At uncontrolled airports please keep transmissons short, direct to the point, and listen.

This is all true that you post here, but do not the exact same rules and almot the same procedures apply to multi-com (122.9) when inbound to an airport? Idle chatter is not permitted on multi-com either. Right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back