• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unical SLI is out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COMPLETE BS. The junior man matrix shows junior systemwide captain to be 737 in NYC. #9821, file number M3881. Add 4000 to that and you get #13821.
Here's where you run into problems ... there are only a total of 12434 pilots on the new seniority list, INCLUDING newhires.

Now, to further verify that you're not being honest, let's look at the junior captain in award 12-03, from Sep 2010 (AFTER MAD). Junior captain was #2914 with file number C3904. 500 numbers below him on the 1/1/2012 LCAL seniority list is file number G9165. He is a 737 captain in IAH. In fact, he's number 560 of 626 IAH captains. And there's another 46 737 EWR captains below his number. That's more than 100 pilots awarded captain BELOW the pilot who was 500 below the junior captain award from 9/2010.

Well I don't agree with you either, but I see your point.... Mine is that the jr ual capt is around 6500 global on the new list, just under 4000 pilots above me. Nobody around 9800 will be getting into the left seat anytime soon. The cal side had growth and movement, not so much the same on the ual side, but now they are going to be benefiting from all the movement and upgrades that were the norm over here. Good for them. So according to my redneck math that is not the windfall that you said in an earlier post that cal received. I guessed I was around 75% global in 2010 and 83 on the new sli. All that being said, I'm past the sli, not worried or burnt about it in any way, and am ready to move on together to fight bigger targets. I have many other things in life that are more important than this job, really the only reason I posted in the first place is to point out that I don't feel like I personally got a windfall or anything close to it.
And thank God football is finally back!!

This is a bunch of crap...why would the arbitrators give a crap about ALPA? I find it funny that all this anger is spewed toward the L UAL pilots like we wrote the award. As I have said before why don't any of you CO pilots ask your own merger committee why they failed to send in a proposal that used the stated guidelines. That,s where your anger should be.

Pierce's letter to your group says it all when he said he got not one letter, phone call or email during the process. You were all ok then but you all want to bitch now.

The only thing ALPA. Should be " punished" for is forgiving all of the pilots on your side hired in the mid 80's. that is what we ( all of us) should never forget.

I think the implication was not so much that they cared about ALPA per se, but rather that by "favoring" the larger side, they ensured that the side who felt "most screwed" couldn't form their "own USAPA" to overturn the arbitration award, and create another USAir east/west debacle. They wouldn't have the numbers to pull it off.

I'm not saying I agree with that characterization, but that's what -I- heard in my head when I read Wolfmanpack's post.

Bubba

I think the implication was not so much that they cared about ALPA per se, but rather that by "favoring" the larger side, they ensured that the side who felt "most screwed" couldn't form their "own USAPA" to overturn the arbitration award, and create another USAir east/west debacle. They wouldn't have the numbers to pull it off.

I'm not saying I agree with that characterization, but that's what -I- heard in my head when I read Wolfmanpack's post.

Bubba[/QUOT

Moron!

Bubba[/QUOT

Moron!

Kwick,

You're not being very clear. Are you calling the original poster a moron? Are you calling me a moron for going into more detail about how someone else's post came across? Or are you calling me a moron because I didn't agree with that poster's implication, while you might? Or because somehow, despite my disclaimer, you still mistakenly concluded that I agreed with the characterization?

Or, more likely, are you calling yourself a moron because you have reading comprehension issues, and don't really know what the discussion was really about?

Anxiously awaiting your next witty and cogent contribution.

Bubba

Well I don't agree with you either, but I see your point.... Mine is that the jr ual capt is around 6500 global on the new list, just under 4000 pilots above me. Nobody around 9800 will be getting into the left seat anytime soon. The cal side had growth and movement, not so much the same on the ual side, but now they are going to be benefiting from all the movement and upgrades that were the norm over here. Good for them. So according to my redneck math that is not the windfall that you said in an earlier post that cal received. I guessed I was around 75% global in 2010 and 83 on the new sli. All that being said, I'm past the sli, not worried or burnt about it in any way, and am ready to move on together to fight bigger targets. I have many other things in life that are more important than this job, really the only reason I posted in the first place is to point out that I don't feel like I personally got a windfall or anything close to it.
And thank God football is finally back!!

No, you didn't have growth you had MOVEMENT on the backs of LUAL. You have the same fleet count as MAD. All your so called growth came in a LUAL base!! Flying taken from LUAL block hours. I didn't see you guys complaining about your movement then, but now you complain about an award based on ALPA merger policy. A policy that was drafted by a LCAL guy. The same guy that wrote the desenting opinion of the Nic award, arguing LONGEVITY should be factored into an arbitrated award! Your MC gave you false hope on a strategy that mirrored USAirways in 2005. You want to blame someone, blame your MC or MEC or Katz for coming up with a seniority grab. We gave you 3 times the wide body count of LCAL and we have twice the retirements of LCAL. Suck it up and move on, I lost 7 1/2 yrs of longevity, never to see the jumbo cap seat that I would have at a stand alone UAL. READ the arbs opinion, that says it all!! Just because your MC and MEC floats talking points does not make them true. We are stuck with pay bandind and a sub standard contract because the CAL MEC was hell bent on using w2's and pay arguments for an SLI strategy. It failed because it DIDN'T align with ALPA merger policy.

No, you didn't have growth you had MOVEMENT on the backs of LUAL. You have the same fleet count as MAD. All your so called growth came in a LUAL base!! Flying taken from LUAL block hours. I didn't see you guys complaining about your movement then, but now you complain about an award based on ALPA merger policy. A policy that was drafted by a LCAL guy. The same guy that wrote the desenting opinion of the Nic award, arguing LONGEVITY should be factored into an arbitrated award! Your MC gave you false hope on a strategy that mirrored USAirways in 2005. You want to blame someone, blame your MC or MEC or Katz for coming up with a seniority grab. We gave you 3 times the wide body count of LCAL and we have twice the retirements of LCAL. Suck it up and move on, I lost 7 1/2 yrs of longevity, never to see the jumbo cap seat that I would have at a stand alone UAL. READ the arbs opinion, that says it all!! Just because your MC and MEC floats talking points does not make them true. We are stuck with pay bandind and a sub standard contract because the CAL MEC was hell bent on using w2's and pay arguments for an SLI strategy. It failed because it DIDN'T align with ALPA merger policy.

Re-read my post....I already said I'm past it. Maybe it is you who needs to move on

Last edited:
Re-read my post....I already said I'm past it. Maybe it is you who needs to move on

Oh I read it and this quote stood out,

"The cal side had growth and movement, not so much the same on the ual side, but now they are going to be benefiting from all the movement and upgrades that were the norm over here. Good for them."

You are ready to move on with the illusion of all the LCAL organic growth. GMAFB!! I dont remember LCAL having bases in ORD,DEN,LAX before MAD.

You are ready to move on with the illusion of all the LCAL organic growth. GMAFB!! I dont remember LCAL having bases in ORD,DEN,LAX before MAD.

I don't remember 70 seat RJs in CLE, EWR or IAH before MAD. Those were LUAL airplanes...not our fault you weren't flying them. Those intruded on our flying/bases no different than CAL 737s did on what you call yours. If CAL had brought that scourge to the equation I'm sure we would never hear the end of it.

Bubba

Lucid and accurate post.

Bubba[/QUOT

Moron!

Yes you most certainly are one Kwick.

Latest resources

Back