• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unical SLI is out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard he didn't like the deal but thought it should go to the rank and file cause of SWA history on acquisitions and taking employees.

Yep, you heard wrong. Let me guess: you heard this from maxblast?

AirTran pilot who heard it from one of your boards and SWAPA guy.

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

;)

Yep, you heard wrong. Let me guess: you heard this from maxblast?
Didn't get it from me. But let me pull a quote from the notes taken by the other ATN Merger Committee member from Pittsburgh during a July 21, 2011 meeting (5 days after AIP #1 was signed):

"DK - Don't analyze the list and C&Rs separately. They're married. Urges MEC to look at the entire package"

Of course, the ATN MEC refused to look at the whole package. If you need the reference, it is A-12-BAKT-000044. Since you are an ALPA EVP, I am sure they can get you that document. You might want to read through A-12-BAKT-000001 to A-12-BAKT-000066 since you were not a part of the ATN MEC in July 2011 (due to your recall in May 2011).

Bottom of the list got screwed! F**k alpa. I'll never wear that pin again!
Much better than actually becoming involved in your career. Congrats you handed the keys to your bank account to the senior guys. So many wonder why this job is swirling the drain.

Much better than actually becoming involved in your career. Congrats you handed the keys to your bank account to the senior guys. So many wonder why this job is swirling the drain.

remember your words when you're the senior guy...

Regardless, ALPA policy sucks. Written by a bunch of lawyers who have no friggin common sense.

The latest incarnation of the ALPA Merger Policy was written by a committee comprised of representation from many ALPA pilot groups including a rep from EACH of the then Major carriers, and including a pilot who also served on the recent CAL Merger Committee. And it was accepted by unanimous support at the ALPA Exec BOD level.

It wasn't written by lawyers. But it is abused by lawyers. Another reason for pilot groups to be more proactive in settling as many merger related issues as possible in advance of submitting narrow unresolved matters to arbitration

It was hoped that the revised policy would discourage the "lottery ticket" strategy. Apparently it did not do so in this case.

Latest resources

Back