Unemployment??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

steve3137

To all the furloughed guys and girls, anyone receiving benefits in their home state been able to receive WIA benefits from another state in which they worked? Thanks

WIA is for your home state and on local level. The wia is for convicted drug dealers, child molesters general life ********************ups people with no arms and legs who are trying to get second start.. Anotherwords the state will give it to the needy. A college graduated airline pilot who supposedly made 350K working 9 days is not going to get anything. If you like gov bureaurcracy and like dealing with morons GO FOR it! I guess there's not much else to do.

To all the furloughed guys and girls, anyone receiving benefits in their home state been able to receive WIA benefits from another state in which they worked? Thanks

Forget about the comments above. In 2006 I was furloughed and received unemployment compensation from the state of TX. My local unemployment office told me that they did not have money allocated for flight training. One of my colleagues called the city of Dayton, OH, to see if they had a WIA program. We where home based, but flew out of Dayton. The city of Dayton did have a WIA program, and yes, they did have money. Up to $15,000 per person. The only thing I had to do was to have a telephone interview, set an appointment to visit with them and fly to Dayton. The following week I flew in the morning with Eagle and came back in the afternoon with all the paperwork signed. Within three weeks I was at an approved flight training school getting my ATP with a 737 type rating. I know of a few guys that did the same and a couple that went to MIA and got an A320 type. I dealt with gov bureaucracy and dealt with morons and got a free type out of it.

Forget about the comments above. In 2006 I was furloughed and received unemployment compensation from the state of TX. My local unemployment office told me that they did not have money allocated for flight training. One of my colleagues called the city of Dayton, OH, to see if they had a WIA program. We where home based, but flew out of Dayton. The city of Dayton did have a WIA program, and yes, they did have money. Up to $15,000 per person. The only thing I had to do was to have a telephone interview, set an appointment to visit with them and fly to Dayton. The following week I flew in the morning with Eagle and came back in the afternoon with all the paperwork signed. Within three weeks I was at an approved flight training school getting my ATP with a 737 type rating. I know of a few guys that did the same and a couple that went to MIA and got an A320 type. I dealt with gov bureaucracy and dealt with morons and got a free type out of it.

Moral of the story, you have to be in Dayton or the very few places that even have 1000 dollars for the WIA program.

Go to ALPA website and click on furlough assistance link, and all the info for WIA will be there, broken down by state, and local contacts for every WIA office.

Go to ALPA website and click on furlough assistance link, and all the info for WIA will be there, broken down by state, and local contacts for every WIA office.

ALPA is certainly efficent regarding helping former members getting unemployment benefits. This stuff just writes itself.

California wont even give me my state tax refund...

Latest resources

Back