Undoubtedly a new Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PuffDriver

Delta is planning to launch a new version of the coach seat on the 777 and 767 international in 2010.

I have not yet sat in it, but it certainly looks more comfortable than the usual seat.

The maker is Thompson solutions in Ireland. Delta will be the launch customer for it and have EXCLUSIVE North America access.

More and more I am liking the new team here at Delta for their vision.

Do a google search on the company and you can take a peek at what the seat will look like.

They are awesome, unless you are flying with a three year told that wants to lay on your lap to fall asleep.

I am very impressed as well.

It looks good in paper and pictures, but something tells me getting out this airplane during crash and fire is going to be undoutely difficult or would take a lot longer. Airliners.net has a seating map of 2-4-2 on a B767. It looks like it's possible because the rows are staggered, therefore allowing something like 30 additional seats, making it a 240 seat airplane (B763ER) That's where the prime motivation is, more seats, not so much for comfort but it can't be accomplished without some serious performance concequences. Can't expect it do what it does now when you add this much weight. A B767-400ER is pig already. What are they smoking. Try flying it from SVO-ATL with more seats.

Last edited:
Sure thing.
Enjoy SVO on the 400. I am sure that you will be full of cigarettes going over there.

Also, those days of stretch out in the middle section and lay across the 3 seats is over.

Delta's 767 coach seats are the worst seats I have ever sat in. They do need a change... Going from CVG-CDG is not fun on that plane. It looks like I will be riding in the back again in 2 weeks on that flight. Still fighting my company for a seat up in biz...

Those fancy @$$ "seats" don't even recline and the armrests don't fold up. That bites.

The armrest thing might be a big 'ole ADA lawsuit.

Latest resources

Back