• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UND Takes Nationals!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good job UND. Still love to have a few pitchers at Bucks when I am in town.

AAflyer said:
Students and contestants are not allowed to drink, just the judges and volunteers.;)

AA:beer:

That explains my landing scores from regionals...

VNugget said:

HAH!!

VNugget said:

That's funny..... But some scores were well deserved. They had a video at the banquet, it was hilarious. It was a re-cap of the week edited with humor. One aircraft landed way outside the box, they then showed a clip from Major League when the drinking announcer shouts...JUUUUsssssstttt A little outside..

AA

Hicccuuuppp

AAflyer said:
That's funny..... But some scores were well deserved. They had a video at the banquet, it was hilarious. It was a re-cap of the week edited with humor. One aircraft landed way outside the box, they then showed a clip from Major League when the drinking announcer shouts...JUUUUsssssstttt A little outside..

AA

Hicccuuuppp

I think that was probably my landing if it was long... at least I didn't land in the grass, I heard one school did that. As I mentioned before I had food poisoning during the practice days and I had never flown a 150 in my life before I got to Ohio... At regionals I did landings in a 172. By the time of the power off heat that made the video I had only .4 in that airplane and all of it was at the Marysville airport, not KOSU. Considering all that, I didn't miss the box by that much... the second landing (Obviously the one that didn't make the video!) was way better... if there had been 3 landings allowed I would have been a contender.

I envy the schools that can fly their own planes out there and compete in them... You guys that can do that are lucky. I don't envy them paying 180$ an hour for a 172 though ;).

TrafficInSight said:
I think that was probably my landing if it was long... at least I didn't land in the grass, I heard one school did that. As I mentioned before I had food poisoning during the practice days and I had never flown a 150 in my life before I got to Ohio... At regionals I did landings in a 172. By the time of the power off heat that made the video I had only .4 in that airplane and all of it was at the Marysville airport, not KOSU. Considering all that, I didn't miss the box by that much... the second landing (Obviously the one that didn't make the video!) was way better... if there had been 3 landings allowed I would have been a contender.

I envy the schools that can fly their own planes out there and compete in them... You guys that can do that are lucky. I don't envy them paying 180$ an hour for a 172 though ;).

Oh we definitely got a few schools' "good" landings that didn't show up on that video. ;)
I do feel bad for those of you who can't bring your own planes. And that's not cool that you had to switch to a different make/model.

Who else was watching the NASA-TV-esque projector screen inside the hangar? I thought that was awesome! Unfortunately I wasnt able to compete in my short field landings because they called the event at heat 17....I was heat 18! GRRR! The same thing is true about msg drop! I hate weather!

Salukipilot4590 said:
Who else was watching the NASA-TV-esque projector screen inside the hangar? I thought that was awesome! Unfortunately I wasnt able to compete in my short field landings because they called the event at heat 17....I was heat 18! GRRR! The same thing is true about msg drop! I hate weather!

I was heat 24 in both Message drop and Short field. Oh well ;)

They had a video at the banquet, it was hilarious. It was a re-cap of the week edited with humor. One aircraft landed way outside the box, they then showed a clip from Major League when the drinking announcer shouts...JUUUUsssssstttt A little outside..

video.google.com then search SAFECON

spudskier said:
video.google.com then search SAFECON

It was definitely my landing. On the other hand there were a couple landings on that video that were wayyyy worse than mine so I don't feel so bad ;).

Latest resources

Back