UND & ERAU Rental Rates - Spring 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
...to send my kid to the school of there choosing. Education is important to me...
Eh... it is? Shouldn't it be "their choosing", then? :p
On a serious note, I must say that overall, I've been very impressed with the quality of our UND guys. Their flying skills are well above average, given their experience level (with the obvious exception of a couple of "bad apples"). However, along with that, I've run into some huge egos as well. Some of the guys seem to think they're God's gift to aviation, and it clearly shows in their attitudes. A little modesty doesn't hurt, especially when you're the new guy. There is something to be said for experience.
On a related note: What really ticks me off, is when the Flight School charges $50/hr for an instructor, then pay the poor guy/gal a measly $10/hr... What a ripoff!!
:beer:

Last edited:
Flyguy1226 said:
Here are the Rental Rates for UND (2006)

Aircraft:

Piper Warrior.................$89.00/hr
Piper Warrior (Glass).......$94.00/hr
Piper Arrow...................$120.00/hr
Piper Seminole...............$201.00/hr
Cirrus SR-20..................$130.00/hr
Beech Baron BE-58.........$312.00/hr
Decathalon...................$112.00/hr

Simulators:

Frasca - Warrior..............$63.00/hr
Frasca - Seminole............$89.00/hr
CRJ Simulator..................$210.00/hr

Instructor Rates:

Fixed Wing......................$39.00/hr
CRJ Instructor.................$47.00/hr

Thats pretty good!

here at IND state its a little higher for students

Aircraft:
Cessna 152.................$85 ( i think? I hardly fly them)
Cessna 172R...............$102 ( year 2000)
Piper Arrow.................$125 (old)
Super Decathalon.........$125 (04)
Seminole.....................$215 ( not totally sure on that either)
Cirrus SR22G2..............$180 (05)

The cirrus is on lease back so no one really flys it. I think its there mostly to attract students. The mins to rent it are 500TT.

Instructor:
$20/hr

Our sims our included within tuition but with only 2 frascas and 300 students its near impossible to get a sim slot. Priority is given to instrument students with 2 slots a week and privates get 1 slot. Commercial students get the last minute and cancelation slots. Our sims only go monday thru friday 7am to 10pm. A lot of the time the room sits empty though because of a lack of instructors/ budget for more time slots especially midday with classes in session.

I really wish the sims would work on weekends or sometimes late night/ early morning slots. Because every student pays a set simulator fee within tuition if you dont use it, you dont get refunded the fee. I would rather go to a $25 hr fee personally.

BizPilot said:
Alex,

FYI - the Warriors that rent at my local FBO go for $59.00/hr. They have a MOONEY that rents for $89.00/hr.

Being a Chief Pilot, if I had to choose between a UND grad the flew around in his fancy late-model Warrior with GNS 430s supported by his wealthy parents, or someone who flew a 1970 Warrior with all analog gauges who took out loans to earn a business degree on the side.........the pick would be an easy one - the lad who labored the hardest.

GET A CLUE - ALEX. Someday you'll have a Rude Awakening and it's called "The Real World". (Outside of parent-supported UND life).

You're just full of misconceptions.

1.) Nationwide, or at least where I am from (East Coast), 89 for a new warrior is very reasonable.

2.) Most of the pilots that I know here are earning their ratings through loans and their own hard work, not by their parents.

3.) As far as labor goes, UND, and I would think most collegiate aviation programs, require VERY hard work out of their students. We train to extremely high standards, and work very hard for the ratings we earn. It is not "easy" by any measure. I got my private at a local part 61 school in the northeast, and I can honestly say that flying at UND is a lot more intense than flying at the FBO.

4.) Do not extend my previous comments to get the idea that I think UND grads are better sticks than FBO pilots. They aren't. If I had to hire someone, I would not assume that a UND grad could fly better than an FBO grad. It is up to the individual to determine how much he will put in, and consequently how much he will get out.

BizPilot said:
Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

Exactly what in my previous comments, or in ANY of my posts on this site (go ahead, search them) leads to to believe that (I am reffering to the text with bold emphasis added)? I am not asking this rhetorically. You want to name call? Back it up.

Alex429595 said:
Exactly what in my previous comments, or in ANY of my posts on this site (go ahead, search them) leads to to believe that (I am reffering to the text with bold emphasis added)? I am not asking this rhetorically. You want to name call? Back it up.

BizPilot has topped out as a chief pilot in the almighty Conquest. (Translation: He supervises a single-pilot flight department.) I'd be bitter too, but at least it's a cool plane in which to be stuck.

I did the Flying club thing and a little FBO flying mixed in for good measure to get my ratings (real cheap!), but I'm not holier-than-thou about it.

I probably should have used a structured program like Embry because I am extremely lazy, I have a smart mouth, and I have a really f-ing bad attitude. ;)

C

BizPilot said:
Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

You need to get a life man... I recently graduated Riddle, took 5 years but working 2 jobs while attending will slow you down... not to mention all of the student loans that are out in my name and i'll be paying for the next gazillion years. I graduated, got my first job towing banners 2 days after graduating last May, and I am now in the left seat flying a 421 single pilot and in school for the Lear35 flying the right seat... Oh, and not to sound like i'm better than anyone, but some of the Commercial Multi pilots I met in Florida just days after graduating from Riddle in AZ probably knew less than a Private student from Riddle... I think the people that go to school there (well 90% of them) work hard to get somewhere within the field, and the other 10% are just there on daddy's dime cause they think they wanna be an airline pilot... atleast that was my experience.

CDogg said:
You need to get a life man... I recently graduated Riddle, took 5 years but working 2 jobs while attending will slow you down... not to mention all of the student loans that are out in my name and i'll be paying for the next gazillion years. I graduated, got my first job towing banners 2 days after graduating last May, and I am now in the left seat flying a 421 single pilot and in school for the Lear35 flying the right seat... Oh, and not to sound like i'm better than anyone, but some of the Commercial Multi pilots I met in Florida just days after graduating from Riddle in AZ probably knew less than a Private student from Riddle... I think the people that go to school there (well 90% of them) work hard to get somewhere within the field, and the other 10% are just there on daddy's dime cause they think they wanna be an airline pilot... atleast that was my experience.

Did you enjoy Riddle? Im going there in 2 months and im excited. Just wondering your personal thoughts.

BizPilot said:
Being a Chief Pilot, if I had to choose between a UND grad the flew around in his fancy late-model Warrior with GNS 430s supported by his wealthy parents, or someone who flew a 1970 Warrior with all analog gauges who took out loans to earn a business degree on the side.........the pick would be an easy one - the lad who labored the hardest.

I wouldn't worry about this wannabeBizPilot! I think the UND and ERAU grads aren't going to waste their time working for your POS outfit. They are going to go out and get the jobs that you wish you could get. :laugh:

tk855 said:
I wouldn't worry about this wannabeBizPilot! I think the UND and ERAU grads aren't going to waste their time working for your POS outfit. They are going to go out and get the jobs that you wish you could get. :laugh:
FINNALY a person who hasen't hated on ERAU. Diddn't think there was any left!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back