UND & ERAU Rental Rates - Spring 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BizPilot said:
Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

Nothing spoiled here. All the loans are in my name, paid up almost a year in advance, Im making just over 50K a yeark. Not great money, but not bad for someone who has been in the industry for only 2 years.

I finnished the avit program in 3 years, took about 18 credits per semester to do it, finnished my first degree in 3 years also, same thing. Worked multiple jobs and was involved in almost anything I could find the time for. Guess that makes me a spoiled bratt. By the way, both my parents died before I completed college so not a whole lot of money coming from them.

BizPilot said:
Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

Well let's review, shall we?

The person distributing said "advice" has 3,800 hours and STILL only has a Commercial certificate, and by the looks of the avatar is flying a Cheyenne...

Me thinks someone is bitter...

BTW, when I went to Riddle, the C-172 rented for $45/hour and the Seminole was $85/hr (wet), CFI's were $25/hr... If you want to compare how "worthless" going there was, when I had 3,800 hours, I had my ATP and 3 turbo-jet type ratings (of which my emplyer paid 100% for) and I had about 1,200 turbine time... I think it worked out quite well for me... YMMV...

It isn't so much about where you go to school, its about what you do when you get out...

UND Rates

Here are the Rental Rates for UND (2006)

Aircraft:

Piper Warrior.................$89.00/hr
Piper Warrior (Glass).......$94.00/hr
Piper Arrow...................$120.00/hr
Piper Seminole...............$201.00/hr
Cirrus SR-20..................$130.00/hr
Beech Baron BE-58.........$312.00/hr
Decathalon...................$112.00/hr

Simulators:

Frasca - Warrior..............$63.00/hr
Frasca - Seminole............$89.00/hr
CRJ Simulator..................$210.00/hr

Instructor Rates:

Fixed Wing......................$39.00/hr
CRJ Instructor.................$47.00/hr

BizPilot said:
Alex,

FYI - the Warriors that rent at my local FBO go for $59.00/hr. They have a MOONEY that rents for $89.00/hr.

Being a Chief Pilot, if I had to choose between a UND grad the flew around in his fancy late-model Warrior with GNS 430s supported by his wealthy parents, or someone who flew a 1970 Warrior with all analog gauges who took out loans to earn a business degree on the side.........the pick would be an easy one - the lad who labored the hardest.

GET A CLUE - ALEX. Someday you'll have a Rude Awakening and it's called "The Real World". (Outside of parent-supported UND life).

My mommy and daddy arent paying for ******************** of my UND education...i am...so quit with your bias because you said it yourself, a rating is a rating...it doesnt matter where you get it from. Why do you feel the need to come on this forum and make it appear that anyone who goes to UND or ERAU are idiots? Why do care? The only explanation i can establish is that you need to justify in some wierd way going to an FBO instead of a college. You secretly desire that "cheesy" aero science degree. Come on...you can admit it...its not as cheesy as you make it out to be. We know you want it.:laugh: :) And im curious how a guy that goes to an FBO has labored any harder than i have? Hasnt he gotten his ratings with the same requirments just like i have? What makes the guy who went to the FBO a harder worker than me. Im working to pay of my loans...i work 60 hours a week during the summer trying to get money...i think it takes a real ass to come here and generalize to everyone that goes to UND or ERAU that they dont work for it. My family income is around 40,000 a year, and i have a twin in college as well. My parents can hardly afford their house payments let alone my college education. I work my butt off for my education...and thats a fact jack.

Last edited:
airforceusaf said:
My daddy is an aircheck man on an Airbus A320 for UAL and he went to ERAU. He has been there for 22 years and he knows personally the people that do the hireing. They say that ERAU and UND are on the top of there list before anyone else just because of the fact taht they attended there. Yes my father makes a good amiount of money but that dosent make me spoiled i have 2 jobs and go to school. so the next time you open your mouth think about waht it is you are saying.

Your dad's a loser and ERAU sucks......:D

There is more than one place to go for training

I went to WMU. Its a public school and has a great aviation program. I went there because I worked for a corporate company which hired a lot of WMU grads. There are several companies that look at degrees from the big aviation college very highly. It shows something to be dedicated enough to to get an aviation degree. It so specific you really better be motivated. On the flip side I did fly all beautiful planes while at the college, yet on the side I flew cheaper aircraft to get my private and build some real life experience. These aircraft did not have GPS, autopilot or even an hsi. The training of these devices are very nice and can help out tremendously, yet it is very good training to learn without them. I paid for my college and yes I am in debt, but yes I did get a job flying a tranport category aircraft starting with only 300 hours. It can be debated that since I missed out on instructing I have not paid my dues. The way I feel is to never look a gift horse in the mouth. The whole getting married and using them to help support you...classy. I am 23 and I don't feel like losing half my stuff, why don't I wait until I pay my dues to the aviation gods and get a real job that is better suited to a family life. I often feel jeleous that people used their fathers or uncles to get jobs, but I realize that that is a very big part of getting ahead. Its a great show of personality and personal skill if someone is willing to risk their reputation to get someone else a job. Someone has done that for me and I hope I will have the good judgement to do the same. My experience in aviation has been trying, but its the only thing that I really want to wake up and do everyday. When I figure out something better I may go to do that.

$89 / hour for a newer Warrior isn't that bad nowadays. It's the insurance companies that make it expensive.

mcjohn said:
Everyone seems to be training in these 172SP's at Cessna Pilot Centers. What rates have you folks seen for the post 2000 172SP models.
Ours - $114 wet plus a $6/hour fuel surcharge. So $120.
At the local FBO here C-172SP is $99/hr wet PLUS something like $14/hr fuel surcharge (which is BS)...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back