UND & ERAU Rental Rates - Spring 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BizPilot

Can anyone give us the run-down on aircraft rental rates at UND & ERAU? (Both Solo & Dual).

I see UND got 3 brand new Cirri (Plural for Cirrus). What...are these going for $225.00 an hour?

It amazing me how many rich daddies and mommies continue to fork out money for schools like this in hopes of having "Joey" be a glamorous regional airline pilot.

Go spend your money wisely at an unknown FBO and get a business degree at the local community college. You'll end up with the same amount of flight time and certificates, and odds of landing that so-called dream job at only 1/16th of the price......and you'll have a business degree to fall back on instead of some cheesey 'Aeronautical Sciences Study' degree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
BizPilot said:
I see UND got 3 brand new Cirri (Plural for Cirrus). What...are these going for $225.00 an hour?
You have got to be kidding me!? $225 an hour for a single-engine?? All so you can learn to fly using a couple glass tubes? Please...

Do yourself a favor and go rent a dang twin for that price and get some better quality time and experience. You'll all get to fly glass cockpits in due time - and on somebody else's nickel.

BizPilot said:
Can anyone give us the run-down on aircraft rental rates at UND & ERAU? (Both Solo & Dual).

It amazing me how many rich daddies and mommies continue to fork out money for schools like this in hopes of having "Joey" be a glamorous regional airline pilot.

Go spend your money wisely at an unknown FBO and get a business degree at the local community college. You'll end up with the same amount of flight time and certificates, and odds of landing that so-called dream job at only 1/16th of the price......and you'll have a business degree to fall back on instead of some cheesey 'Aeronautical Sciences Study' degree!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I AM spending my money wisely, I don't need you to tell me where to go to college.

Second of all, our warriors go for 89/hour here at UND, and they are all late model, with dual GNS 430s. Cheaper than any FBO Ive ever flown at.

Alex,

FYI - the Warriors that rent at my local FBO go for $59.00/hr. They have a MOONEY that rents for $89.00/hr.

Being a Chief Pilot, if I had to choose between a UND grad the flew around in his fancy late-model Warrior with GNS 430s supported by his wealthy parents, or someone who flew a 1970 Warrior with all analog gauges who took out loans to earn a business degree on the side.........the pick would be an easy one - the lad who labored the hardest.

GET A CLUE - ALEX. Someday you'll have a Rude Awakening and it's called "The Real World". (Outside of parent-supported UND life).

BizPilot said:
Alex,

FYI - the Warriors that rent at my local FBO go for $59.00/hr. They have a MOONEY that rents for $89.00/hr.

Being a Chief Pilot, if I had to choose between a UND grad the flew around in his fancy late-model Warrior with GNS 430s supported by his wealthy parents, or someone who flew a 1970 Warrior with all analog gauges who took out loans to earn a business degree on the side.........the pick would be an easy one - the lad who labored the hardest.

GET A CLUE - ALEX. Someday you'll have a Rude Awakening and it's called "The Real World". (Outside of parent-supported UND life).

WOW, you're an ass. You wouldn't hire someone because they went to a particular school. The view must be nice from where you are sitting.

By the way, spent 48K for two degrees and all my ratings through UND and NDSU. Never flew at a local FBO for training, but did rent for "joy riding". Never felt so unsure about the airplane in all my life, but I'm sure that was just this particular FBO's airplane, don't want to make broad generalizations.

Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

Dude, who pissed in your cherrios? If you aren't going there, what do you care what they pay? Just another case of someone b!tching about something that has absolutley no affect on them whatsoever.

As far as working harder...When I was there, the average UND flyer, was taking 12- 15 credits, flying 3 times a week, involved in numerous extra curricular activities, working a part time job, and still mananging to have a good social life. I'd dared say, that probably still holds true.

Anyone can go to the local FBO with nothing else to do and fly at their leisure...

BizPilot said:
Alex and DC8 Flyer proove my point. This is exactly what is wrong with this industry. Filled with spoiled brats who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Have fun paying your 48K college loans while earning 20K at your dream CFI or Regional Monkey Job. You'll get far real fast!! ha ha ha

Why are you complaining so much?
If someone can afford those schools thats great. and yes there training is much better than just your local FBO. There is no way you can make that stupid comment. Have you gone to UND or ERAU? NO. so keep your mouth shut and dont generalize. Just beacuse my dad can afford to pyut me through ERAU dosent make me a spoiled brat. My father is an aircheck man on an Airbus A320 for UAL and he went to ERAU. He has been there for 22 years and he knows personally the people that do the hireing. They say that ERAU and UND are on the top of there list before anyone else just because of the fact taht they attended there. Yes my father makes a good amiount of money but that dosent make me spoiled i have 2 jobs and go to school. so the next time you open your mouth think about waht it is you are saying.
thank you for your time.
sry about the Spelling errors im in a hurry.

Cheers!:beer:

The planes might be expensive but the tuition is cheap. In state tuition after freshman year is next to nothing. Give a little get a little. You could go to Harvard and drop 45K a year.
I'm not a parent but if I were I would save money to send my kid to the school of there choosing. Education is important to me and so is my kid starting life with a clean slate (debt. free). My kid wants to go to UND to be a pilot then I pay 89 bucks for a warrior. My kid wants to go to Harvard and go into buisness I'll make it happen.
To me it is a values question.

Crash Pad said:
The planes might be expensive but the tuition is cheap. In state tuition after freshman year is next to nothing. Give a little get a little. You could go to Harvard and drop 45K a year.
I'm not a parent but if I were I would save money to send my kid to the school of there choosing. Education is important to me and so is my kid starting life with a clean slate (debt. free). My kid wants to go to UND to be a pilot then I pay 89 bucks for a warrior. My kid wants to go to Harvard and go into buisness I'll make it happen.
To me it is a values question.

HERE HERE!

Latest resources

Back