Uncle Rico and D-0/ Auto-board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA's historic solution to all ramp problems:

Require the crews to show up even earlier so they have more time to do everyone else's job!

I've only been at ASA for 7 years, but in that time this is the 3rd time I've seen this exact same thing done. "Let's change the timeline, and that'll fix the problem". We've slowly moved from having to be on the a/c 30 prior, to 45, now 55; and on time hasn't changed much. I'm preaching to the choir, but obviously the problem isn't (always) us. It's the other 95% of the operation that needs to be fixed, ie accountability. Until they do that, nothing will change. Especially with all the BS late coding of 'late check list' and the like.

I'm outey - good luck with all that.

This is proof that what I've been saying about Uncle Rico all along is true. He's just another in a long line of clueless pretty faces who talk big, but don't have the power or knowledge to change anything.

Duty in 60 min prior.
Check mailbox 59 min prior
Take a look at wx 58 min prior
Find flight kit 57 min prior
Run from C to airplane in 2 min.

Yeah, this is a great idea.

And by the way, what's the delay code for "had to take a leak at the outstation"?

Don't know about a simple leak but...years ago we had a delay code... COC....Captain On Crapper. :)

DC

ASA's historic solution to all ramp problems:

Require the crews to show up even earlier so they have more time to do everyone else's job!

I know a GREAT solution to that. Everybody go back to DO YOUR JOB AND NOTHING MORE like we did in September.

Im starting a new campaign! John Pennekamp for President of ASA. He has all the answers...

And i think he may give the old General Lee a run for his money on number of posts in a 24 hour period!!!!

Im starting a new campaign! John Pennekamp for President of ASA. He has all the answers...

And i think he may give the old General Lee a run for his money on number of posts in a 24 hour period!!!!

How do you dispatchers have so much time to surf the internet at work? It seems like you and xpoo are on here as much as I am. You're just not quick enough intellectually think up witty responses. Touche'!

I'm been sending in the reason why we are delayed to the dispatcher via ACARS, or calling them and it seems to work. We (pilots and flight attendants) are not to blame for delays. The gate, fuelers, rampers (late bags, not being there to marshall us in/push us off the gate, etc...) are the reason for so many delays.

BTW, 79%...38hrs so far this month as a 200 Cpt. on reserve. WTFO? They won't leave me alone. You can fly my trips from now on; I'm serious.

This airline sucks, again. So now what we're gonna have is some welfare mommas coding it a crew delay if you show up at :54 prior, yet the paperwork is late, fuel, and everything else. ASA management, this won't fix the problem. And guess what? I'm again finished doing everyone's job. "One call does it all".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back