• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ultimate Turboprop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with you YIP. She has heard about the costs of a KA, and is not too excited. However, I know some operators with few problems. Most of the business people I know don't mind an upfront cost if it keeps the operating costs down. So, maybe a newer KA would prevent the high MX costs.

The interior noise issue is something I wonder about. I know the noise in the Jetstream was bad. Had to wear earplugs all the time. I've heard the KA is fairly quiet. How about the Commander, MU-2? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Merlin with big engines

What ever you do, do not take this suggestions.

Even with the big engines it will only barely fly on one engine. Still will not go to altitude. While the dash 10 powdered was better than the -3 powered, I hated them both with a passion. Worst flying airplane I ever flew.

TBM's and PC-12's have few options when the motor quits. I have had 2 quit in King Airs and it was a non event. I have flown most models of the King Air and liked them all except the straight 100. Predictable, Safe and easy to fly.

q-tips

I agree with you YIP. She has heard about the costs of a KA, and is not too excited. However, I know some operators with few problems. Most of the business people I know don't mind an upfront cost if it keeps the operating costs down. So, maybe a newer KA would prevent the high MX costs.

The interior noise issue is something I wonder about. I know the noise in the Jetstream was bad. Had to wear earplugs all the time. I've heard the KA is fairly quiet. How about the Commander, MU-2? Thanks again.
our AC-690 had Q-tips on the props really cut down the noise, also had Freon A/C nice addition.

If a Turbo Prop is your aim then I would agree with the Commander suggestions. Outstanding airplane. And yes parts are still fairly easy to come by. Twin Commander does a good job with parts availablity. I would suggest 1000 Grand Renaissance. Lots of room, private potty, sunken floor (more headroom), wet wing (no fuel bladders). 300kt airplane, and if I remember correctly we burned about 250-260lbs a side in cruise. That is by far one of the best airplanes ever built.

Don't have a good basis for comparison, but for something so loud on the outside, the MU-2 sure is quiet inside. You could fly it without a headset. It would be loud, but doable. And this is a freighter which has probably had a good deal of soundproofing removed.

Latest resources

Back