Ultimate Turboprop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Plunder Hound

I have a friend who owns a business in the Midwest. She has numerous projects in OH, MI, AL, PA and MD. She has been leasing an aircraft for her people, but is interested in purchasing as they are using the AC everyday. She is interested in a TBM Socata 850, PC-12, King Air or J31/32. Just wondering what y'all think is the best turboprop for those distances to carry 3 to 4 people and bags. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hard to beat a King Air 200 for missions like that.

A C90 might do the job also, and have a slightly lower acquisition cost...obviously its a smaller cabin than the 200.

PC-12 should have lower fuel and maintenance costs than a KA200, but some people balk at the single engine and I think their acquisition costs are still pretty high.

TBM would, IMO, be too small for those kinds of missions with a single pilot, 4 passengers and bags.

IMHO...the only 2 to consider from that list are the King Air and the PC12. If If operating costs are a concern, PC 12 all the way...this coming from a king air guy ;)

P.S.

...last i checked...the Lr 35 had no turboprop on it :p

Last edited:
King Air 200 or 350. Both can reach all of the places you mentioned nonstop. Also should maintenance issues arise, and they will, a King Air service is easy to locate. These two guys are tried and true.

Latest resources

Back