Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bobby Orr 4

Just happy to be here.
First I am a SWA pilot and very proud of the union that represents me and the company I fly for. I fly, in my biased opinion, with the best pilots in the industry.
In my 10 years of 121 flying this this the worst I have ever seen the industry. I have several good friends losing their jobs this year. I am in a very fortunate position and do not take anything for granted.
I believe in the Freedom of Speech and once you pay your $10 on FI you can post whatever you want within the rules set out by the moderators.
It appears (to me) that there are several posts started or replies by SWA pilots that borders in bad taste. In some cases I feel that they openly take pleasure in other companies problems. I cringe when I read them and do get embarrassed by these very few ugly SWA pilots.
If you feel you just have to say something go to our forum at swapa. Wish we could keep these in house.
Good luck to all during these difficult times.

Classy post, my family members went through the failure of Pan Am and Eastern in my home town of Miami. Lots of professional and personal heartache. At the end of the day, things that affect the pilot profession are a threat to all of us. Now more than ever, we must hang together or we shall all hang separately!

IMO, those who got hired at SWA after 9/11 who have "that" attitude are the same ones who would have gotten hired at AA in 1988/89.

The whole "my squadron is better than your squadron" mentality.

As AA, UA, Delta, et al have proven, there is no safe place in aviation and if you gloat over the demise of another airline, chances are, your day will come.

I jumpseated on SWA from 1988 to 2001 and they are a class group of people. Every airline has their 2% of dickheads. Nice post, Bobby! Thanks. TC

Bobby Boy, Why don't you send them a PM instead of starting this thread. How about some examples too. I haven't noticed it.

You say post on the SWAPA forum. That forum is filled with Kernals and such. Pprune is a much better forum and a lot harsher then what you see here.

Good post. If someone's thinking about gloating over another company's possible misfortune, think about those resposible for the heating oil collars. Without the hedges, SWA would be just a large network, fully tied to a spiraling domestic economy and skyrocketing oil. I think I'd consider myself very, very lucky and not be looking to stick it to my fellow pilots in times of unprecedented stress. We're all here trying to earn a living and support the people we care about.

Without the hedges, SWA would be just a large network, fully tied to a spiraling domestic economy and skyrocketing oil.

And there it is again, another business expert showing his ass.

And there it is again, another business expert showing his ass.

And there it is again. Another a$$ thinking there's something completely different about his flying the same people to the same places, in the same tubes using the same fuel. I've got news for you. Take a look at the upcoming earnings and let me know how operations does.

And there it is again. Another a$$ thinking there's something completely different about his flying the same people to the same places, in the same tubes using the same fuel. I've got news for you. Take a look at the upcoming earnings and let me know how operations does.

Didn't take long for that to turn ugly. There are several d!ckhead posters on here, myself included, but I believe most of the swa posts are trying to defend against posts like this quote above. Examples like:
"when the hedges run out their toast"
"flying 10 legs a day to LBB"
"swa pigbacking everyones routes"
and on and on and on.......

I think this is what the thread is talking about.

Last edited:
Pilots need to remember that when our fellow pilots suffer, we all suffer. The more pilots are on the street, the more precarious all of our lives become. I wish the best to all of those who are facing the f word. I sincerely hope the employment picture stabilizes for us all. The more pilots get employed, the easier it is for us all to find work. If most of us are employed, we get more bargaining power, and so on. This why I despise those who gloat over the hardships of others, because it all comes back around.

Latest resources

Back