• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly SWA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People here need to remember that this is "flightinfo". This thread is like walking into the Spinger show and telling them that they need to get a job and take responsibility for their actions. It's laughable!

Bobby, how do you know that these individuals work for SWA? Maybe they are just some kid with a PPL that is having fun starting trouble on these boards? None of us know. No one (of respectable character)wishes ill will on the pilots of other airlines. That includes your fellow SWA union brothers. Take care and quit "McCaining" your own company!

[QUOTE=The Victors;1630155

Didn't take long for that to turn ugly. There are several d!ckhead posters on here, myself included, but I believe most of the swa posts are trying to defend against posts like this quote above. Examples like:
"when the hedges run out their toast"
"flying 10 legs a day to LBB"
"swa pigbacking everyones routes"
and on and on and on.......[/QUOTE

I apologize for the harsh response. My point is, if you are fortunate to work for a company that is weathering this storm, realize it's not due to anything you have done. We fly people from A to B. The numerous posts lately with claims of taking over a city when X bites the dust or getting gates when Y downsizes etc are BS and belittle the fact that if it happens many have been hurt. It's not just the posts, it's the attitude of many that comes out when they let their guard down.

Pilots need to remember that when our fellow pilots suffer, we all suffer. The more pilots are on the street, the more precarious all of our lives become. I wish the best to all of those who are facing the f word. I sincerely hope the employment picture stabilizes for us all. The more pilots get employed, the easier it is for us all to find work. If most of us are employed, we get more bargaining power, and so on. This why I despise those who gloat over the hardships of others, because it all comes back around.

That is very true...something the NetJets pilots on the board need to keep in mind as well... EVERY company has its cycles, and none stays at the top. Ever.

That said, the vocal few of any sector on this board, tend to never represent the majority in real life.

Bobby Boy, Why don't you send them a PM instead of starting this thread. How about some examples too. I haven't noticed it.

You say post on the SWAPA forum. That forum is filled with Kernals and such. Pprune is a much better forum and a lot harsher then what you see here.

The reason you have'nt noticed is you are one of the scumbags he is talking about. Do a search on yourself.

It could be called misplaced pride. Then again some people seem to just enjoy kicking someone when they are down.

First I am a SWA pilot and very proud of the union that represents me and the company I fly for. I fly, in my biased opinion, with the best pilots in the industry.
In my 10 years of 121 flying this this the worst I have ever seen the industry. I have several good friends losing their jobs this year. I am in a very fortunate position and do not take anything for granted.
I believe in the Freedom of Speech and once you pay your $10 on FI you can post whatever you want within the rules set out by the moderators.
It appears (to me) that there are several posts started or replies by SWA pilots that borders in bad taste. In some cases I feel that they openly take pleasure in other companies problems. I cringe when I read them and do get embarrassed by these very few ugly SWA pilots.
If you feel you just have to say something go to our forum at swapa. Wish we could keep these in house.
Good luck to all during these difficult times.

Well Bobby Orr, you tried to take the high road. It was still a good post.
Let me add a couple observastions.
1) I've met plenty of SWA guys on layovers and they seem like pretty cool folks to me.
2)Peoples posts usually are nothing like what they are in person. I've known some pretty rabid posters on my company's web board and in real life, they are actually pretty good guys.
3) Finally, I've known some really admirable pilots with succesful airlines and just as many admirable pilots with crap airlines, who they work for doesn't define them at all. The rest of their life defines them (Family, friends, interesting hobbies, lifestyle, whatever), in fact, the few pilots who define themselves by what airline they work for are usually pretty dorky and don't have a whole lot else going for themselves.

Well Bobby Orr, you tried to take the high road. It was still a good post.
1) I've met plenty of SWA guys on layovers and they seem like pretty cool folks to me.
2)Peoples posts usually are nothing like what they are in person. I've known some pretty rabid posters on my company's web board and in real life, they are actually pretty good guys.
3) Finally, I've known some really admirable pilots with succesful airlines and just as many admirable pilots with crap airlines, who they work for doesn't define them at all. The rest of their life defines them (Family, friends, interesting hobbies, lifestyle, whatever), in fact, the few pilots who define themselves by what airline they work for are usually pretty dorky and don't have a whole lot else going for themselves.

Amen, my airline Brother.

Funny, because to me they come across as the most pompous, pretentious, turgid, bombastic a**es I have ever come across in the industry!

Funny, because to me they come across as the most pompous, pretentious, turgid, bombastic a**es I have ever come across in the industry!

From my experience you pretty much get what you give. If you are nice most folks are nice in return, if you are rude, people tend to be rude back. Perhaps if you're pompous, pretentous, turgid and bombastic.....?

Latest resources

Back