• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly SWA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, because to me they come across as the most pompous, pretentious, turgid, bombastic a**es I have ever come across in the industry!

Boombastic?!?! Sweet!

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Romantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom

Finally a guy with brains. Couldn't agree more buddy!

Pilots need to remember that when our fellow pilots suffer, we all suffer. The more pilots are on the street, the more precarious all of our lives become. I wish the best to all of those who are facing the f word. I sincerely hope the employment picture stabilizes for us all. The more pilots get employed, the easier it is for us all to find work. If most of us are employed, we get more bargaining power, and so on. This why I despise those who gloat over the hardships of others, because it all comes back around.

Boombastic?!?! Sweet!

I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says I'm Mr
Romantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic touch me in my back she says boom
boom

Damn funny song. Classic!

In defense of anyone at SWA who paid for a type rating:

I am at CAL and I never paid for my 73 type cause I didn't want to fork over the cash, however, now that I've been here for ~ a year making only 30K this first year.

However, if I had gotten the type and been hired at SWA (IF...) I would have probably made 52K first year. So if it cost him/her 7K for the type and it got them hired, they netted 45K. I got the type too, but I only got paid 30K for a year, so I'm still down 15K for the year over a similar SWA hired guy. So, in retrospect, maybe my decision wasn't the greatest. Only time will tell...

GL to all in these times.

SWA has hit hard times too, it just wasn't enough to send them down like the others. Remember in the 90's SWA was making 5 times the profit they are making now and had less than half the airplanes they have now. They also had a similar number of employees.

In defense of anyone at SWA who paid for a type rating:

I am at CAL and I never paid for my 73 type cause I didn't want to fork over the cash, however, now that I've been here for ~ a year making only 30K this first year.

However, if I had gotten the type and been hired at SWA (IF...) I would have probably made 52K first year. So if it cost him/her 7K for the type and it got them hired, they netted 45K. I got the type too, but I only got paid 30K for a year, so I'm still down 15K for the year over a similar SWA hired guy. So, in retrospect, maybe my decision wasn't the greatest. Only time will tell...

GL to all in these times.

I made $62K my 1st yr hear at SWA and that was 4 yrs ago. I only picked up a little extra here and there. I think $60K is easily attainable for a new hire today with little extra effort.

That is very true...something the NetJets pilots on the board need to keep in mind as well... EVERY company has its cycles, and none stays at the top. Ever.

That said, the vocal few of any sector on this board, tend to never represent the majority in real life.

Quit being so jealous and go back to the fractionals where we belong. Nobody over here cares what we have to say and they certainly don't need your dumba** over here, they have their own problems.

My apologies to the thread starter.

See....that's the problem: there's no brotherhood, it's the "Screw you I got mine" mentality. and until there is a National seniority list(never happen) this will not change in our industry.

Pilots need to remember that when our fellow pilots suffer, we all suffer. The more pilots are on the street, the more precarious all of our lives become. I wish the best to all of those who are facing the f word. I sincerely hope the employment picture stabilizes for us all. The more pilots get employed, the easier it is for us all to find work. If most of us are employed, we get more bargaining power, and so on. This why I despise those who gloat over the hardships of others, because it all comes back around.

See....that's the problem: there's no brotherhood, it's the "Screw you I got mine" mentality. and until there is a National seniority list(never happen) this will not change in our industry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back