• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ugly rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's gonna pick up all of ACA's routes overnight? Even if every regional all banded together to cover the flying (the regionals work together? Haha. They only agree to diasagree over everything!), it wouldn't happen.

I'd say you guys are safe and it's merely a rumor . . . for now. Any rumors of you guys picking up FrontierX in January when Mesa's contract runs out?

-Boo!

simply said:

"do not sh !t where you eat"

sorry aca it was not you

you cannot sue your mother.

not when she is broke

(and has what 500+ on the street)

I do feel your pain

do not hate me

this is not flame bait.

Frank Abagnale said:
simply said:

"do not sh !t where you eat"

sorry aca it was not you

you cannot sue your mother.

not when she is broke

(and has what 500+ on the street)

I do feel your pain

do not hate me

this is not flame bait.

That kind of statement would be better said "Don't sh!t on your kids"! When you have an undependable "Mother" it's time to move out on your own or get adopted by a new Mom that is honorable and can meet her obligations.

" get adopted by a new Mom that is honorable and can meet her obligations."

Honorable???? <--------------- This is non-exsistant in the industry stop holding your breath.

Networ-King said:
" get adopted by a new Mom that is honorable and can meet her obligations."

Honorable???? <--------------- This is non-exsistant in the industry stop holding your breath.

While I'm not holding my breath I don't think "non-existant" is accurate either. However, we all know what through their actions what UAL's word is worth, so these companies that are getting new agreements with them don't really have a whole lot.

Dieterly said:
Don't worry bozs,

I'm sure there are other airlines outwhere that let you steal mainline flying

Personally, I'd like to see companies like ACA go out on their own and compete for the "mainline" flying. There were scope agreements to protect you from them in the past. Now, with no agreement, the fun begins.

Rumors are we are either going it alone or with a major backer. Many references are made to independent operations in the 2002 10K, first quarter 2003 10Q, and the webcast. Our COO said that independent operations are less risky than the deal UAL is offering us(Jul 2nd). It's a perfect time to get a great deal on Boeings or Airbuses.

Then again, it could be a negotiating tactic to nudge UAL into a good contract. We should know at the latest by August.

With a good cash position, gate space and market knowledge at IAD, it might be less risky to become a LCC.

Should be interesting

Of all the assets ACA has, the most valuable may be that little piece of paper that says "Operating Certificate" on it. Someone like Virgin's Branson would pay very dearly for it. And with his track record, I don't think he'd have trouble finding a group of Americans to make up the 51% ownership he needs to start an airline here. And if I read the boards right, ACA has retained ownership of the ACJet certificate. Any chance that could be on the block?

My question the is, what would keep management from selling the ACJet certificate, shutting down ACA, selling the assets (planes, gates, etc) to the new owner (ie. Branson), and then taking that money and investing it in the new airline (ie. Virgin USA). Could, and that's a big could, something like this happen, would that void the pilot's contract? IOW, is the contract tied to the operating certificate, the company, something else?

I'm not suggesting that this is a likely or even possible scenario. Unlike some other airlines that will eat their own for sake of the bottom line, ACA management seems to have some integrity. I don't work for ACA or for any other regional, so I don't know the intricacies of how pilot contracts work. This is just me typing out loud. ACA has always been on the top of my list of airlines to work for and I would hate to see it weakened or gone.

Now the idea of ACA being its own branded airline actually sounds good and I don't think it's that far-fetched. If you look at current trends, in 10 or 20 years Delta will be flying feed for Comair and ASA. Whadaya think, General Lee?

Latest resources

Back