Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike revisited... What's the story? Bc it's awesome(!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do all A320s have headsets hardwired into the airplane? As I recall, NWA's did.

Haven't worn my Ufly -15 for 6 months and I miss it! Went from 737 to A320 (not a single pilot has worn their own headset.)

Does anyone know if the DAL ER group wears the Ufly? I sure hope so!

Also, what's the deal w/ the TSO 'sticker?' I don't think I have that. Mine just have a worn off silver sticker on one side.

Thanks - Baja.

We make an Airbus version also an adapter for a 2-plug to Airbus.

Don't know that any aircraft have hardwired headsets. You may be looking at the single Airbus (XLR-5) plug... it looks like it's permanent but it unplugs like any other headset.

TSO labels started after Oct 8 ,2008. If you have a UFM manufactured before that, it won't have "TSO certified" on it. We can do a retrofit for $30, though. You might want to call if you're considering it... the FAA is trying to make it hard (imagine that).

Brief soap box rant: TSO labels are stupid and don't mean anything... okay, I feel better.

Thanks for all the great support! Happy New Year!

Mike

This very question was asked to Chuck himself when he came out to Vegas a few weeks ago for a pilot sit down. He was very honest about how the whole thing played out. Basically he could careless about what headset we wear. The only issue is that it explicitly states in the QC2 manual that "These headphones are not engineered to meet the needs of pilots or to meet civil aviation communications". Once our lawyers saw that the QC2 was done no matter the TSO or not. If Bose were to remove that from their manual we might have a chance to get it back in the cockpit. But you know as well as I do the chance of Bose doing that are excatly 0. I had to go home and look it up myself and there is was on page 9. So, after that I quit blaming the QC2 on Chuck. Blame the Captain who had a Fed on the jumpseat with the light flashing in face on a 2hr flight at night and started to ask questions.

I've got to call BS on that one. Nothing like posting random rumors like they are facts. Just like how they said using rubber bands on the intercom burns up the switch. Totally made up. It all depends on what side of the smear campaign and whose agenda you're part of.

Chuck did absolutely nothing to help us keep the UFlyMike, and that's why he takes the blame. It will be funny to see the reaction when he tells the Tranny guys they can't wear it anymore.

Last edited:
No, but we'll give you a refund when we get our small business tax incentive from the Obama administration... still waiting.

Mike

Mike, I think you'll be waiting, ooh, about two years and 19 days at least.

For the TSO to be in effect you have to wear the ear buds underneath the headset correct? If so, how many people really do that?

Yes

Zero...unless a Fed or Check Airman is in the cockpit...

No, but we'll give you a refund when we get our small business tax incentive from the Obama administration... still waiting.

Mike

LOL~ Just got an email few minutes ago, that your product was shipped today, looking forward to using them!
Hey while I got you; I have a pair of BOSE q115's coming already too but I was curious about these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7097117&sku=A338-1060

I'm walking down to their store in a few minutes and going to scope them out, at first glance they almost look like a knock off on the BOSE.
(I already understand from your web page most others wont work.....)

Just wondering thats all, would be nice to find a less $ headset than the BOSE.

Haven't worn my Ufly -15 for 6 months and I miss it! Went from 737 to A320 (not a single pilot has worn their own headset.)

Does anyone know if the DAL ER group wears the Ufly? I sure hope so!

Also, what's the deal w/ the TSO 'sticker?' I don't think I have that. Mine just have a worn off silver sticker on one side.

Thanks - Baja.

Peel one off the pos headset that's in the a/c, & re-glue on yours........

(not that I'd ever consider doing something like that :eek:)​

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back