• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Receives Official TSO Certification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the tso available for reading? I'm confused as well. I read that a tso is about manufacturing standards, so how is it that the tso makes it acceptable to use the qc2/ufm combination more so than before. The qc2 is still not tso'd and the combination is apparently not tso'd.

Also, on your website I see no earbud on any of the example ufm adapters, nor did I see reference to it.

Is the tso available for reading? I'm confused as well. I read that a tso is about manufacturing standards, so how is it that the tso makes it acceptable to use the qc2/ufm combination more so than before. The qc2 is still not tso'd and the combination is apparently not tso'd.

Also, on your website I see no earbud on any of the example ufm adapters, nor did I see reference to it.

We haven't posted all the info on the website yet. We did update some of the info today, but we still need to finalize availability of the TSO'd version, which includes the earbud. Be patient, please.

The FAA has inspected our product and manufacturing. They issued us a TSO, based on the design you see advertised and in use for the past 3+ years. The certification letter is so generic you wouldn't gain anything from reading it. I can assure you it states "UFlyMike Headset" AND "UFlyMike Headset Adapter" as separate entities. There is nothing in the certification letter that describes the parts that comprise each. That info is buried deep within the FAA files with our application. That info is also NOT for public record.

The UFM adapter is TSO'd as a stand alone device. When used with a mechanical headband (of choice), along with an approved earbud (announced soon), it is a TSO'd headset. If you choose to use a QC2 as a headband, you have not voided the TSO.

The QC2 is not TSO'd as a stand alone device. it does not need to be. The earbud is not TSO'd as a stand alone device. It does not need to be. The Knowles Acoustics boom microphone is not TSO'd as a stand alone device. It does not need to be...

For the managers and Feds out there who feel a TSO means something, we have now filled that square and have been issued a TSO certification just like the other manufacturers.

It's not fair to now put our TSO on trial. The traditional and accepted approach has always been "... a TSO is a TSO..." We don't expect to be treated differently by the FAA or your air carrier's management.

Mike

Latest resources

Back