• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Headset Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fozzy, I'm not worried about a total comm failure, just don't want to miss a call, we still manage to do that with two operable headsets I'm afraid.

I miss WAAYYY fewer calls with the UFLY than I did with the POS Telex 750 the company provides.

BTW Mike, do I get commissions? My co-pilot this week is the 4th guy I've convinced in less than a year (he ordered it after we flew together two weeks ago). He has to wait a few more days because of the back-order. And any luck convincing your employer to relent since you received the TSO?

I have yet to suffer a catastrophic headset failure and lose all control of the airplane due to my battery dying in my headset. I have had it now for 2 1/2 years. Maybe it is because I use Duracell and Energizer instead of "crap ass" AAA batteries. The red light flashes for like 4 hours before it dies, if it takes that long to notice a flashing red light then I would be concerned about other indications being missed.

The red light flashes for like 4 hours before it dies, if it takes that long to notice a flashing red light then I would be concerned about other indications being missed.
I usually make sure my partners battery is fresh because that stupid flashing light drives me mad.
If I didn't like my current headset so much, UFly would be what I would have.

I miss WAAYYY fewer calls with the UFLY than I did with the POS Telex 750 the company provides.

BTW Mike, do I get commissions? My co-pilot this week is the 4th guy I've convinced in less than a year (he ordered it after we flew together two weeks ago). He has to wait a few more days because of the back-order. And any luck convincing your employer to relent since you received the TSO?

I can give you a smoking deal on some stock. Help me pay for that frickin TSO.

Mike

I have yet to suffer a catastrophic headset failure and lose all control of the airplane due to my battery dying in my headset. I have had it now for 2 1/2 years. Maybe it is because I use Duracell and Energizer instead of "crap ass" AAA batteries. The red light flashes for like 4 hours before it dies, if it takes that long to notice a flashing red light then I would be concerned about other indications being missed.

Good one! Wish I'd said that "crap ass" battery line.

Mike

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back