• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Headset Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I don't have a Ufly set up but have flown with several crew members that have. They miss quite a few radio calls and their ICS Modulation is weak. I have grown quite irritated and am contemplating baning them from my aircraft."

Just ask them to turn their ipod down a little bit.

Uflymike is an awesome product and has made my quality of job much better. Highly recommended

Sorry you guys can't stand it when some one has a different opinion. I am just relating my experience with the Ufly. Two out of three crew members have had sound quality problems(static , low volume) and the other went NORDO when his battery died. My recommendation is Plantronics, Sennheiser or Lightspeed, all great products with great support and designed for aviation>

I don't use the UFlyMike setup, but I've flown with many people who do...they all seem to like it. However, I have noticed that very often it causes a lot of background hissing on my intercom using the company supplied headset. So, while they like the UFlyMike, I don't.

Perhaps I'll have to buy the UFlyMike as a defensive move!

I don't have a Ufly set up but have flown with several crew members that have. They miss quite a few radio calls and their ICS Modulation is weak. I have grown quite irritated and am contemplating baning them from my aircraft.
The radio calls I miss are when my partner's yapping drowns out everything else. Perhaps this is your problem, and not the uflymike itself. :rolleyes:

The uflymike and my Sennheiser kmac25 dont like each other, the uflymike is constantly opening the mike on the intercom ... but the other guy has to make a concerted effort to keep the mike away from any noise maker ( ie the airvent, or breathing on it, or chewing) mike will open the intercom up any tiny bit of noise near the ufly. The uflymike guys also complain that they cany hear me on the intercom... I can hear me so who cares I say! Now this really does only happen with the uflymike headsets, all other brands including guys with 200 year old rusted, cracked david clarks dont have any problems... my 2 cents worth.

I was going to buy a uflymike and the 'other' headset combo, but seeing these problems its off my wish list at the moment.

The uflymike and my Sennheiser kmac25 dont like each other, the uflymike is constantly opening the mike on the intercom ... but the other guy has to make a concerted effort to keep the mike away from any noise maker ( ie the airvent, or breathing on it, or chewing) mike will open the intercom up any tiny bit of noise near the ufly. The uflymike guys also complain that they cany hear me on the intercom... I can hear me so who cares I say! Now this really does only happen with the uflymike headsets, all other brands including guys with 200 year old rusted, cracked david clarks dont have any problems... my 2 cents worth.

I was going to buy a uflymike and the 'other' headset combo, but seeing these problems its off my wish list at the moment.

What aircraft are we talking about? You're using a voice activated intercom?

There's a fix for that, but we have to know it's happening in order to fix it. The UFM mike is much more sensitive than the others, but we can reduce that sensitivity.

Mike

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back