• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Headset Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We should have a new version out in the next couple of months that has an adjustable gain control for the microphone (for those that insist on flying in a noisy cockpit in hotmike).

Also, survey is going great, BUT WE NEED MORE FOLKS TO TAKE THE SURVEY. The link is in the first post in this threat.

Mike

I really wanted to get the U Fly mike for all the airline's we do. And use them when flying the for the audio input. But after watching and listening to guys that have them wrestle with the VOX,ICS,
Hot Mike,Side Tone,Comm 1 and 2. I said screw it seems like it is just to much trouble. You no sooner get it set and you switch seats. It is the same with all ANR's it seems. Let me know if there is an easy way and I will get a pair.

We should have a new version out in the next couple of months that has an adjustable gain control for the microphone (for those that insist on flying in a noisy cockpit in hotmike).

;)

In the airplane I fly (Citation Excel), we do have a voice-activated intercom, but the UFly is more sensitive than the company-supplied Telex 750s, and will very often keep the mic open just with the wind noise, where the Telex won't. Being able to adjust it to approximately the same sensitivity would be a big help!

Any plans to offer a modification or trade-in program for those with the Pro GA/RJ model?

Thanks.

I really wanted to get the U Fly mike for all the airline's we do. And use them when flying the for the audio input. But after watching and listening to guys that have them wrestle with the VOX,ICS,
Hot Mike,Side Tone,Comm 1 and 2. I said screw it seems like it is just to much trouble. You no sooner get it set and you switch seats. It is the same with all ANR's it seems. Let me know if there is an easy way and I will get a pair.

One of the "problems" with ANR is that you hear things you didn't hear before and shortcomings in the aircraft comm setup are more apparent. This problems goes beyond ANR headsets, though.

When you make a headset, you try to provide as much adjustment as possible. Problem is headsets, despite the TSO myth, are made with a wide variation in sensitivity, capability, etc. When you mix headset types in the same aircraft, you've compounded the problem already present from the aircraft comm system.

We are coming out with a new version in the next couple of months that has a 3-position impedance switch (present one has 2) and a potentiometer mike adjustment (270 degree dial, adjusted with a jewelers screwdriver). Hopefully, that will help.

Someday some of the "hotmike" crowd will stop trying to fly in that configuration in noisy airplanes. I flew a T-6 for awhile. Key the mike, and you get blown out of the cockpit. It wasn't the headsets fault, though.

Mike

Just completed the survey. I've been considering moving to the QC2/UFlyMike setup but I'm waiting to see if anything is going to come down regarding new rules either from the feds or my employer.

Someday some of the "hotmike" crowd will stop trying to fly in that configuration in noisy airplanes. I flew a T-6 for awhile. Key the mike, and you get blown out of the cockpit. It wasn't the headsets fault, though.

Try that in a T-28. Not pretty, at all. :)

Hung

Most Piper aircraft do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back